Talk

Advanced search

my period arrived once again ...

(15 Posts)
nicky883 Wed 18-May-16 20:47:44

I am devestated i used opks and charting we dtd 5 times in my fertile window and FF always gives a high score in terms of intercouse timing for each of the cycles
I keep thinking there is something wrong with us
Please talk some sence into me i cant think of anything else i can do next cycle
I am sitting here sobbing quitely as i dont want dh to see me like this sad

m33r Wed 18-May-16 21:06:09

Me too nikki. Less than half an hour after I posted a thread asking if there was still hope for me this month. It's so hard but try to stay positive. It took us 20 months to conceive our first but is worth it when it happens. Have you been trying long? X

nicky883 Wed 18-May-16 21:12:54

This is ttc number one for me thats why am so anxious i guess !
Wow 20 months ? I bet it was so worth it when you got your bfp !
This would be cycle number 5 for us

iwillbemrsminty Wed 18-May-16 21:25:50

Me too. I had a chemical in April which was our 4th cycle and everyone kept saying how fertile you are after an early miscarriage. Dtd every other day before during and after fertile window stupidly thinking we'd nailed it and this would be our month, only to get period. Gutted. And this is our 1st too Nicky. Know how you feel. It's shit! I'm approaching fertile window of cycle 5 now. Fingers crossed for us both X

broodypsycho Wed 18-May-16 21:30:11

I'll be like a mad woman if I come on this cycle. We've been at it everyday since Friday and I'm torturing dp for it now, first month on Clomid. Hope we all get our 2 lines x

iwillbemrsminty Wed 18-May-16 21:31:39

Should have said fingers crossed for us all, sorry ladies blush

FellOutOfBedTwice Wed 18-May-16 21:35:36

My DD took 8 months after I got the mirena out and I started to really lose hope. I don't have any advice other than hang on in there, have sex as much as possible in your fertile week and consider Accupuncture and Chinese herbs (that's the only thing I was doing differently the month I got my BFP) if you can spare the cash. Good luck, it feels like nothing less than the end of the world when you come on and you don't want to.

nicky883 Wed 18-May-16 21:45:31

Mrssmith i feel its different when its your first cause you dont know if you CAN get pregnant i keep thinking there must be something wrong we did everything right i want to stop thinking like that but i cant help it i feel so devestated sad
My dh keeps saying just relax it will happen when its our time and i just want to scream
When he said that
Its my birthday on friday turnig 28 i daydreamed about geting my bfp on my birthday sad

nicky883 Wed 18-May-16 21:46:38

Feeloutofbed how much does that cost if you dont mind me asking ?

Whatsername17 Wed 18-May-16 21:56:44

I'm struggling to convieve for the 3rd time. I have one dd and I miscarried number 2 at 13 weeks in January. I think there is something wrong and it's horrible. All being pregnant before does is make me question why not now? What has changed? What is wrong? My friend took 10 months to convieve and felt very much the way you do - if only she knew she could get pregnant she'd feel better. Then she miscarried at 6 weeks and realised that she didn't feel any better. Fortunately, she went on to have a healthy baby girl. Don't give up hope. flowers

nicky883 Wed 18-May-16 22:11:30

Thank you for sharing that whatsername i am trying not to lose hope and i really want to relax and just let it happen but its all i think about i cannot switch my mind off ttc
We booked a holiday in september during my fertile days . Not that dlwe are kot dtdingg enough but maybe the relaxation of holiday can help

CoffeeCoffeeAndLotsOfIt Wed 18-May-16 22:21:22

I fell pregnant with my ds after dtd once unprotected. I had a Mmc last year and that month we done the dtd twice to conceive the one we lost.

After Mmc we started trying again and it took 10 cycles of regular sex each month every month before I conceived.

Sometimes that's just the way it works. Best of luck.

nicky883 Wed 18-May-16 23:02:09

I am sorry about you lost coffee
Just have to be patient and stop worrying so much
Hopefully i will get my two lines soon
Its so strange that we spent most of our adult lives worrying about getting pregnant and now we are trying so hard for it

FellOutOfBedTwice Wed 18-May-16 23:06:01

Nicky I had eight sessions of Accupuncture, a disgusting fertility tea I had to drink and some supplements I had to take that cost me £300 for the package (and it was called something like "the infertility package" just to make me feel really good!!) That was in east London so may be less expensive for similar elsewhere in the uk.

As it happens when it came to ttc the second time I still had some of the supplements left so thought I might as well take them, and I got pregnant first month the second time. The supplements I was given were to "warm" my uterus as apparently (according to the Chinese doctor I saw) I had a "cold womb" grin so these may not work for everyone, but the supplements that worked for me are called Nuan Gong Yun Zi Wan and you can buy them online for about £5 a box. You need to take them something outrageous like 8 a day so I think you need 4 boxes for a month but it might be worth a go for £20. I just want it on record that I'm in no way affiliated with or in the pay of any kind of Chinese medicine practitioner and obviously don't advocate taking random tablets off the internet, I just think it worked for me so wanted to pass the info on. Find a Chinese Health Centre near you and go and have a chat and ask them what they think.

Good luck!

nicky883 Thu 19-May-16 07:29:19

Thanks for taking the time to write that felloutofved ! Wow 8 pills a day ?? That and the title of the package depresseses me :p but i will definately try it if this continues for long(hope not ).well i am going back home in june (another country) have an appoitment with my gynecologist so i ll probably discuss ttc with him
I hve decided that i will "stop" obsessing this month no opks no charting just plain and simple sex . Lets see if i ll manage that ( already doubt it ) .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now