Talk

Advanced search

Sperm test - very high density

(8 Posts)
CandyCrush77 Wed 18-May-16 13:30:10

DH did a sperm test and apparently has 249 million sperm per mil. I know it has to be at least 15 or 20 million per mil but 249 million?? Is this an error or does DH have supercharged sperm? And if so, why the heck am I not pregnant?

Whatsername17 Wed 18-May-16 22:14:34

Are you sure it wasn't 24.9?

CandyCrush77 Wed 18-May-16 22:20:43

Definitely not. Unless a typo. I checked and apparently you can get volumes up to 300 million per mil!

Julieb85 Thu 19-May-16 15:26:57

I'm sure my DH's count was 82 million so seems really high! Could still be correct but my goodness that's a lot of swimmers! Can only be a good thing though! Good luck!

VenusRising Thu 19-May-16 15:30:35

Well it only takes one sperm, so you're in with a chance [gein].
Fwiw my DHs readings were less than 5 and we have kids!

Are you using ovulating predictor sticks Candy? We did, and hey presto.
Timing is important, so use the sticks - we got ours online in packs of 10.

Good luck.

Hagrid3112 Thu 19-May-16 16:17:01

DH's result came back at 230m or so and doc read it out loud to us, so no reason to think it's a mistake.
Doc made it sound like it wasn't an exceptionally high number, though. I think they only need to know that it is above a certain limit (possibly the 15m mentioned) to rule out that being a fertility issue.

CandyCrush77 Fri 20-May-16 09:31:30

Yes I am although I never seem to get a smiley face with the clearblue ones! We are DTD pretty much ever day anyway, just missing a couple of days around AF. Urrggh, why is it not happening???

Julieb85 Sun 22-May-16 09:14:11

I hated the clear blue OPK's I literally got smiley faces every day and I wasn't actually ovulating! I bought Internet cheapies...worked wonders for me. Guidance is to wait u til you have a strong positive but we dtd'd every other day from when we seen a faint line! Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now