Serious mood swings after coming off contraceptive implant

(4 Posts)
TiredOfSleep Sun 15-May-16 07:08:33

Please can others share their experiences after having their contraceptive implant removed.

I had mine out nearly a month ago and have had such terrible lows and anxiety, way beyond usual pmt. anyone else?

Sunnydays321 Sun 15-May-16 07:34:36

I had the implant about 5 years ago, didn't really notice any mood swings when it went in or for the two years it was in... But oh god, when it came out I was like a Different person! I'm normally really laid back and upbeat. I basically sobbed and was anxious for a month. I remember sobbing my heart out in a pub, with dh asking me why and I honestly didn't know. This went on for about a month and then I was fine again. Bizarre. Iv Not had the same reaction coming off the pill. Hope it settles soon for you! X

Whatsername17 Sun 15-May-16 07:43:17

You will feel better after your first natural period. Mine came to the end of its life and I started to notice feeling low, had it removed and my moods plummeted. In the meantime, try cutting down on caffeine and processed sugar which make pms type lows worse.

TiredOfSleep Sun 15-May-16 12:46:02

Thanks. Did you find it made ovulation more painful for a while? I thought I was starting my first natural period the pain was quite bad, but nothing so assume ovulation. Binged in chocolate so much this month I've quite gone off it so fingers crossed that will help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now