Talk

Advanced search

pregnant after miscarriage

(7 Posts)
greenclip Thu 12-May-16 19:29:27

I had a mmc last summer and have been trying for a baby since. I got a positive pregnancy test today. I've been desperate for this but I don't feel happy at all. What's wrong with me?! I'm angry at myself for feeling this way.

Not sure what advice I am looking for. Perhaps to know this is a normal feeling?

GETTINGLIKEMYMOTHER Thu 12-May-16 19:38:47

I expect it's the worry that this one will not go to term, either. It can't be easy to relax and be happy when you are endlessly anxious about another miss. My dd had 2 misses before having her baby, and I'm sure she was very anxious at least for the first 3 months. I know I was - every time the phone rang I dreaded answering it in case it was her, in tears again.
I do hope this one will go well for you, and that you will be able to relax and be happy. I know it doesn't help much to be told that early misses are very common - a friend of dd's had 3 before her first baby - but it is a fact.
Good luck.

Macauley Thu 12-May-16 19:46:44

Congratulations. I think it's very normal to feel that way. I'm still trying but every month I get myself terrified that it's positive. I know I will not feel the same as I did with my first pregnancy. I won't be celebrating until after 12 weeks and even then I'll prob still be extra cautious.

Take each week at a time and remember that every pregnancy is different.

greenclip Thu 12-May-16 19:55:52

Thanks for replying. The excitement of pregnancy that I experienced before has definitely gone. I just want to knock myself out of this as we were trying for a long time, so should be pleased.

MrsMushrooms Thu 12-May-16 20:19:37

Congratulations! I've had 3 MCs now and we've been trying for nearly 4 years at this point. I'd love to have a baby but the other day I thought I saw a 2nd line on a test and instead of the elation I have experienced in the past, my heart sank and I felt like I couldn't do it again. I could do the pregnancy and would love to do the motherhood, but it felt inevitable that the next pregnancy will end in MC as well, and suddenly I felt very sad.

The line wasn't there and I almost felt relieved. It's very confusing to simultaneously want to be pregnant and also want to avoid it at the same time!! This post obviously isn't about me but the point I'm making is that it has to be normal to feel this way. MCs are horrible, awful things which obviously come from pregnancies, so it's perfectly OK to be anxious and worried about a pregnancy after that experience. However, babies also come from pregnancies (more often than MCs!) so don't be hard on yourself for feeling worried, but try to focus on the positive x

greenclip Thu 12-May-16 21:33:46

Thanks for sharing your experience MrsMushrooms. I'm sad to hear your story.

chelle792 Thu 12-May-16 21:38:49

I hope you're doing ok, op! I had a mmc in the summer too and had my bfp about two weeks ago.

I was almost disappointed. I feel guilty that this baby isn't as wanted but I think I'm just scared.

I know exactly how you feel. Feel free to pm if you fancy some chat with someone in a similar situation flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now