Talk

Advanced search

LOOKING FOR DONOR EGGS!!!!!!

(16 Posts)
jeddah Sat 13-Jan-07 16:43:47

I have been seeing a private consultant in an NHS hospital...whos tells me there is no eggs!#

Does anyone know if we go to a private hospital....do they have an egg bank?????????

FurryFox Sat 13-Jan-07 19:02:13

No idea I'm afraid but thought I would bump this for you. Hope someone comes along soon with some advice.

kittylette Sat 13-Jan-07 19:05:15

do you have anyone that could donate especially for you?

ive been looking to do this, but my sons only 6 months old and they wont allow me to donate until hes past one, i tried after my first son

goingfor3 Sat 13-Jan-07 19:07:28

Since the laws changed to allow children who have been borm after egg/sperm donations to find out information about the donors there has been a real shortage of donors.

kittylette Sat 13-Jan-07 19:09:20

yes, i think it should still be anominous, its a shame because so many women who wouldve donated now wont

Fingerscrossed2007 Sat 13-Jan-07 19:17:07

There are donors available through private generally though the egg-sharing schem. basically the fee you pay goes towards contributing to their treatemnt costs. As others have said since the laws about anonymity changed soem people are more wary about this - but soem people still do it. The situation is much much worse for sperm. Basically sperm banks in the UK are empty!!

Vicki2007 Mon 15-Jan-07 20:07:56

I donated eggs to my friend 7 1/2 years ago, I had no qualms about doing it as I knew what she had been through......you could always ask a good friend. From an emotional point of view it wasn't a problem, she had twin boys who I see from time to time they are 7 now. I found that donating eggs made my hormones go up the wall for some time but this was balanced against helping someone I care for in a very unique way. We used the Liverpool Women's Hospital.

jeddah Tue 16-Jan-07 10:00:57

Thanks everyone!

there is a woman where I work who wants to donate....her son is 6 months old...so glad you told me about the age of the child limit. This would mean we would have to wait another 6 months...which is ok as this gives us a bit more time to try ourselves.

God girls.......just want it to happen so so so much.

will follow the private egg donation scheme up as we are paying for a second opinion privately. Thanks again for all your help, and even more so for listening!

kittylette Tue 16-Jan-07 10:02:16

where abouts are you jeddah?

Twiglett Tue 16-Jan-07 10:03:39

Vicki .. do you feel any connection to the twins at all?

goingfor3 Tue 16-Jan-07 17:42:46

Vicki2007 - that really is the most wonderful gift you could give to someone.

jeddah Wed 17-Jan-07 10:51:24

kittylette I am in north yorkshire

Deux Wed 17-Jan-07 12:23:04

Jeddah

I've come across a lot about donor eggs since becoming an IVF patient, though not going that route myself. Other posters have mentioned the egg share route and getting someone to donate for you so that you can get bumped to the top of the list.

Are you familiar with the 2 very active IVF boards? Lots of women go overseas for treatment to avoid the long wait here - Spain seems to be particularly popular - donors are young (the younger the better), often university students if the clinic is one of the ones attached to a university. South Africa also very popular. Hair, eye colour, blood group etc is matched. All anonymous too.

Sorry in a rush so no links I'm afraid.

www.fertilityfriends.co.uk > Treatment outside the UK. The clinics that I can think of off the top of my head are the IVI Group, IM (Institut Marques?) and Ceram.

www.ivfconnections.com > IVF by Location > Spain or Western Europe. There is group, I think under the Western Europe section called something like Wonderful Women and they are all from the UK having donor egg treatment.

Lurking on the above might give you some more info.

Good luck!

jeddah Wed 17-Jan-07 16:43:22

THANKS!!! deux

Bobbymiya02070909 Tue 17-Nov-15 19:55:45

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

sparechange Tue 17-Nov-15 19:57:51

Bobby, you have reserected a zombie thread from 2007
confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now