Talk

Advanced search

FRER (First Response Early Result) versus IC (Internet Cheapies) - Line dpo?

(9 Posts)
LondonBerry Tue 10-May-16 16:12:14

For past few months I've been using FRER's.

2 early miscarriages at 5 weeks.

The FRER's showed a faint line about 9dpo.

But I think FRER's are quite expensive (about £7 each) so I bought some internet cheapies (about 20p each) from Amazon.

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0026RQ75W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm addicted to POAS

Has anyone else used the internet cheapies?

Whats your experience from using them?

How many days dpi did you get a faint line?

FuzzyOwl Tue 10-May-16 16:16:42

I've used ICs loads of times. I got a BFP at 9 dpo but I didn't realise until the following day as it looked negative, but dried positive. The next day the BFP was a squinter but clear to see and the FRER line wasn't much clearer.

LondonBerry Tue 10-May-16 16:32:09

Thanks FuzzyOwl so sounds like there is not much difference between the tests (except for price!).

Anyone else used FRERS and IC's? What dpi did you get your BFP?

ohnonotanother1 Tue 10-May-16 22:14:18

I got my bfp on an ic at 11dpo, a total squinter that led me to a frer the next day because I honestly couldn't tell if it was a line or a shadow from the indent it was that faint. Too faint to really see if it had colour in it . Frer was faint but very definitely a line.

HungryHorace Tue 10-May-16 22:17:11

IC and FRER at 10 DPO. IC was a real squinter which took longer than the allotted time to show. I confirmed it with the FRER in the afternoon (after I'd taken the IC out of the bin as I hadn't believed the BFN!).

Also FRER at 10 DPO with my first pregnancy too.

chloechloe Wed 11-May-16 19:17:40

I've only ever used ICs.

My first BFP was 10dpo (or equivalent as IVF) and a blood test the same day showed 11 IU/l HCG.

Second was 9dpo (also IVF) and a blood test at 10dpo showed 60 IU/l HCG.

The first BFP was from an early blastocyst and the second a blastocyst (so a bit more developed than the first).

In both cases they didn't come up immediately but dried to a clear but very faint line.

Stars66 Wed 11-May-16 19:27:14

Can I check that dpo is days past ovulation? confused

HungryHorace Wed 11-May-16 21:30:12

It is, Stars.

LondonBerry Thu 12-May-16 16:04:02

So theres no point really buying expensive pregnancy tests when the IC's are 20p a pop!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now