Talk

Advanced search

Just had a chemical pregnancy, I think my body is now playing a cruel trick.

(4 Posts)
FrazzleRock Fri 06-May-16 12:08:49

I had a MMC about 2.5 months ago (had surgery to remove my little baby)

Then fast forward several weeks when I had very very stong pregnancy symptoms for two solid weeks before finally getting another BFP. Whoop!
Only... I began bleeding only 5 hours later sad which was extremely heavy for about 5 days - literally pouring out of me everytime I sat on the loo or stood up. I had a scan as my gynae thought I still had retained products from previous MMC and said I should not be bleeding so heavily for such an early loss - However, all was fine. Bleeding stopped after about 6 days (in that time I had a negative HTP - just to check). 8th day we had sex again.
Bear in mind my very strong preg symptoms stopped almost as soon as the bleeding started.
About two days after having sex, my very strong preg symptoms started again and they are not going away. It's been 5 days of this now.

They include:
Major metal mouth
Dry mouth
Despite dry mouth, my mouth is very watery but mouth soaks it up like a sponge
Waves of nausea
Dodgy tummy
Odd twinges in boob and pelvis
I'm a big water drinker, but have gone off water and just want orange squash (classic preg symptom for me)

Surely I cannot have ovulated so soon afterwards and got pregnant? That would be madness, right?

Why is my body tricking me?

sizethree Fri 06-May-16 14:28:14

So sorry you're having such an awful time. Miscarriage is just the worst and really takes the joy and innocence out of future pregnancies.
I've had the misfortune to suffer 3 (luckily I now have a 6 month old DD) and each time it took my body different lengths of time to get back to normal.
It's unlikely bit not impossible for you to have fallen pregnant in that timeframe and you'll know what pregnancy symptoms are normal for you. Can you retest or visit your EPU for advice? It does sound like it's a very upsetting situation.

FrazzleRock Fri 06-May-16 15:32:16

Yep it's really quite shit!

I can't test just now as, if I am, it would never show up on a test just yet. Theoretically, It will have only been a week or less since I ovulated, if this is the case.

Even if I am pregnant, I can't imagine it would stick having been conceived so close to my chemical preg. How would I have even had time to build up enough uterus lining?
I want to try and forget about it for a couple of weeks and test then if still having symptoms but as if I can!

Thanks for your response though. And I'm so pleased you managed to have a lovely healthy baby eventually. It must have been awful for you those three times. I am fortunate enough myself to have two older DC.

sizethree Fri 06-May-16 19:42:30

Good idea to keep your mind off it, but easier said than done isn't it! I know several people that had successful pregnancies from the cycle straight after a mc. It's a whole new egg and sperm and lining can be regenerated healthily after the clear out of a mc.
Hope these next week's go fast for you. Look after yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now