Mess up cycles after mc

(4 Posts)
minniewinnie Mon 02-May-16 19:14:04

Hi, I had a mc in late Jan this year. Before I conceived I was on a (more of less) 29 day cycle. Since the MC my cycles have been 34 days, 32 days and 34 days (and counting). I still haven't come on this month. I've taken several negative tests, so unless I'm one of the 1% , I think know I'm not pregnancy although in my ttc brain I'm still hopeful.

Has anyone else who has suffered a miscarriage had unusually longer cycles for several cycles afterwards? I did expect the first month after my MC to be slightly longer (after seeing that this is common) - but not for two more. Does this mean I've been 'reset' to longer cycles now?

KittyandTeal Mon 02-May-16 19:19:42

After both my losses it took a long time for my body to get back to normal.

Dd2 it took a good 6 months and then I got a diagnosis of endometriosis. I'm 7 weeks on from loosing ds and while in not tracking my cycles I had mid cycle bleeding, short periods etc. Again it might be the endo although I have little pain.

I think it depends how far you were when you had you mc but it can take a while. Plus stress will effect your cycle (annoyingly!)

minniewinnie Tue 03-May-16 07:09:20

Thanks KittyandTeal, I'm so sorry for your losses flowers I hope you are

I was 8 weeks and my MC happened so much in sync with my periods (at 29 day cycles) that ovia actually filled in the missing one when I started logging again! Still no af yet, and that means that my window last month was completely wrong and our stratigy of dtd every 2 days probably wouldn't have worked confused.
I haven't had short periods or anything else, just longer cycles (35 days and counting)
I think I'm going to have to invest in some opks for next month !

minniewinnie Tue 03-May-16 08:17:41

Just looked back at this! Meant to say hope you are ok (obviously I was up way too early!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now