Mixed pregnancy test results

(23 Posts)
LauraK1987 Mon 02-May-16 14:49:01

Hi everyone, I'm new here and would like some advice please, I actually just posted on another thread which was a complete mistake as I have no idea how this works and am still figuring it out, I seem to have upset a few people and have been called "insensitive" for "gatecrashing" other people's threads (even though I had no idea) so not really off to a good start 😥. Here goes.....I haven't had a period since 27tb Feb and have been experiencing pregnancy symptoms, very uncomfortable and heavy breasts, very emotional (actually crying because I have already upset people on here) waves of nausea, tummy ache and back ache (feels like period pains....keep expecting to come on but so far I haven't) I have been testing like crazy for the last few days but the results are very conflicting. I've had some very faint positives, and 3 "not pregnant" with digital tests (clear blue and asda) I have also used first response, SuperDrug snd clear blue (not digital) I tested this morning and got a very very faint line (almost can't see it) with first response which was much fainted than results I had yesterday with superdrug (tested twice) really bad tummy ache at the moment and back ache so really not sure what to think.....I have attached pics....any advice/help/opinions welcomed! Hopefully I've posted correctly this time.

BigApple11 Mon 02-May-16 15:25:49

Aghhhh don't worry, I'm new too and MN is confusing till you get used to it. Those tests all look like they have a faint positive line to me. Congratulations flowers!! Xx

scoobyloobyloo Mon 02-May-16 15:31:47

Hi Laura - don't worry about upsetting others elsewhere - some people in here can be quite sensitive.

If your last period was in Feb then that would date you at around 9 wks for which those lines do look light. However, there could be other explanations such as later conception etc.

Your best bet is to see your GP tomorrow and request an HCG test to see what level you are at and then test again a few days later to male sure the levels are rising. If they're not then they will be able
To advise you further. Good luck smile

RaeSkywalker Mon 02-May-16 15:41:32

I think I see a couple of lines there. Do you know when you ovulated? When was the first day of your last period? Digital tests tend to be less sensitive so you can get a negative with them and a positive with something else. I did.

I agree with scooby- if you were 9 weeks+ then the lines should be stronger. I think that seeing your GP is sensible- tell them how many tests you've done and how distressing you're finding this.

Sorry that others have given you a hard time flowers

rosieliveson1 Mon 02-May-16 15:44:19

sorry you were upset by the other thread OP.
I can see quite a few lines too but agree they are definitely light to be 9 weeks. I would call your GP and explain the situation as they may want to double check what is going on. Good luck

LauraK1987 Mon 02-May-16 15:45:57

Thanks everyone! First day of last period was 27th Feb, no idea when I ovulated at all. I've been getting really bad cramps today though and just been to the loo and there was some blood....not a lot and not very red either but looks like this month isn't my month after all 😢

RaeSkywalker Mon 02-May-16 15:46:33

I don't know if it's helpful but I can attach a picture of my Clearblue positive (same test as in your photo) if you'd like to see- I was 4 weeks when I took it.

RaeSkywalker Mon 02-May-16 15:48:34

Cross posted with you OP! Sorry to hear about the blood flowers if it's brown (old blood) then it might be ok. If you do get a period though it could be that you had a chemical pregnancy. Hope that you're ok.

LauraK1987 Mon 02-May-16 15:53:56

Yes it was brown and watery so not sure what to make of it really but it would explain the cramps I've been having today. I've recently read about chemical pregnancies which would be one way to explain the faint positives, I'm ok thank you....disappointed but only started trying in March so plenty of time time to keep trying I guess!!

LauraK1987 Mon 02-May-16 17:36:12

Defo seems like my period 😢

joddy Mon 02-May-16 17:44:25

Gentle hugs Laura you sound so upset.
Those do look like positive tests and they are all different brands too.
Maybe go to the GP anyway and explain.
Also start tracking your cycle as this be give you a better idea of what is going on. There are a few lovely threads on here that have been a great support to me.

RaeSkywalker Mon 02-May-16 17:47:57

I'm so sorry Laura.

I agree with joddy, talking to your GP might be helpful. Be kind to yourself and remember that it is early days for you. The TTC #1 thread on here was really helpful to me- you could pop over there if and when you feel ready. flowers

Wanderlust1 Mon 02-May-16 18:06:12

Laura,
I'm sure it won't be, but just because of the cramps you're explaining, back ache and also the type of fluid I would go get checked out asap. It could be ectopic (stuck in one of your fallopian tubes).
If you feel the pain is getting worse A&E will see you super fast and scan you immediately to make sure it isn't.

I had an ectopic before Christmas and I'm worrying I'm going through the same thing now, but your symptoms sound a little familiar. I'm sorry I don't want to scare you. But get checked out. Skip the doctor and go straight to the hospital xx

Smitters06 Mon 02-May-16 18:40:56

I'm new here also and posted on another thread, I took a test two days ago (the negative one) and another this morning, (what I think is positive) anyone else care to comment, does it look like a positive, I did a digital after and cans back not pregnant

scoobyloobyloo Mon 02-May-16 19:31:14

Smitters - probably best if you start you own thread under the conception board as this one is here to support Laura.

scoobyloobyloo Mon 02-May-16 19:34:36

Sorry to hear AF has arrived Laura. It sounds like possibly you've had a chemical pregnancy. This is a horrible thing to go through BUT shows that you have no problems conceiving. The vast majority of CPs are one offs so fingers crossed for next Month.

Iwonderif Mon 02-May-16 21:49:13

Just to add sorry to hear of your angst Laura. Gentle hugs to you. flowers

LauraK1987 Mon 02-May-16 22:16:53

Thank you everyone! I haven't quite worked out how to tag names yet 😕! You've all left lovely supportive messages and it's great to here from people who have gone or are going through similar situations. The pain has eased off a lot now and is only very mild, however my period isn't like a normal one, it's very watery and the blood isn't red either....more a pinkish brown (I'm so sorry for the detail!!) there was hardly anything in my lad when I changed either. I will see what it's like in the morning. Feeling very strange at the moment as still feeling very sick and my chest is still very painful but if it was a chemical pregnancy maybe it will take a few days for my body to get back to normal. I'm feeling disappointed and slightly confused but not too downhearted as like I said before we only started trying March. Thank you again for your lovely messages xxx

scoobyloobyloo Mon 02-May-16 22:34:29

Hi Laura - don't mean to be a complete neurotic but the chest pain which you didn't mention before can possibly be a sign of ectopic as well. May be a good idea to get yourself checked out ASAP.

RaeSkywalker Mon 02-May-16 22:39:47

Laura I think you need to get checked. Please, at the very least, call 111 with your symptoms- don't forget to mention the pain. I really think you need to see someone tonight.

LauraK1987 Mon 02-May-16 22:50:07

Sorry when I said chest pain I meant my breasts being uncomfortable and painful, I will ring 111 though and see what they say....thank you ladies xxx

BigApple11 Tue 03-May-16 10:44:57

How are you today OP? x

LauraK1987 Tue 03-May-16 19:19:47

I'm not too bad thank you, still disappointed and a bit sad but it happens doesn't it, AF is very angry lol heaviest period I think I've ever had (apart from after having my little boy) work was a good distraction today and will just keep fingers crossed for next time ☺️ xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now