Talk

Advanced search

q10 and ubiquinol supplements

(12 Posts)
LondonBerry Mon 25-Apr-16 09:19:52

38 yrs old
TTC 8 months
2 early chemical miscarriages

Had my fertility appointment last week as Guys Hospital in London.

Doctor advised me to take Q10 supplements.

When I look online ubiquinol keeps coming up to, is it the same thing?

Who else takes these supplements? Do you stop when you are ovulating or pregnant?

Any success stories??

karryk Mon 25-Apr-16 11:12:15

Hello smile

I believe ubiquinol is the form which is best absorbed or used by the body (usually costs a bit more). I bought some online. I stopped taking them as a precaution as I've been asked to start taking aspirin - I'd heard both can thin the blood so I didn't want to over-do it!

Sorry I can't help with any info about an outcome as I'm still trying...

LondonBerry Mon 25-Apr-16 17:03:30

Wow, ubiquinol is expensive!

Bought a 50 capsule jar from Wholefoods for £40+

Fruitbatyogi Mon 25-Apr-16 17:13:31

Much cheaper on Amazon!

Sakura03 Mon 25-Apr-16 21:47:13

HiLondonBerry I buy Solgar ubiquinol from Holland & Barretts, they are expensive, it's my third month taking them, after reading good things about them in "It starts with the egg". I'll be 38 this year, started ttc#1 Aug 2014, had an early mc nearly a year ago and nothing sincesad
Are you being referred for IVF?

LondonBerry Tue 26-Apr-16 09:58:26

Hi sakura03

Clinic won't give me NHS because I got pregnant (although it ended in miscarriage).

They recommend that I take Q10 along with Pregnacare Conception tablets.

X

LondonBerry Wed 27-Apr-16 08:24:00

Anybody else taking ubiquinol?

minniewinnie Wed 27-Apr-16 09:17:44

Since my mc in January I have been taking q10 (ubiqinine) in 200mg form (equivalent to about 100mg of ubiquinol. Be aware that unless it is specifically stated on the packaging, all the q10 is in ubiquinine form from Holland & Barrett (which is about half as effective). I started taking it after reading It Starts with the Egg. After 2-3 months I can't distinguish any side effects, I haven't conceived again, next I'm going to buy the 300mg ubiquinol from Amazon (180 tablets for £35).

minniewinnie Wed 27-Apr-16 09:17:53

Since my mc in January I have been taking q10 (ubiqinine) in 200mg form (equivalent to about 100mg of ubiquinol. Be aware that unless it is specifically stated on the packaging, all the q10 is in ubiquinine form from Holland & Barrett (which is about half as effective). I started taking it after reading It Starts with the Egg. After 2-3 months I can't distinguish any side effects, I haven't conceived again, next I'm going to buy the 300mg ubiquinol from Amazon (180 tablets for £35).

minniewinnie Wed 27-Apr-16 09:18:47

Yes, Q10 is either ubiquinol or the less potent ubiquinine.

minniewinnie Wed 27-Apr-16 09:19:18

Whoops! Darn app!

LondonBerry Wed 08-Jun-16 11:58:13

Is it safe to take ubiquinol during the 2 ww?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now