Talk

Advanced search

does this sound like implantation spotting?

(28 Posts)
closephine85 Sat 23-Apr-16 21:00:16

I know only time will tell but I'm going a bit crazy over here and wondering if anyone has experienced similar? Been ttc no2 for 2.5 years now and at 6dpo I noticed a small amount of spotting (very pale pinky brown and only a very tiny amount). It has continued at the same colour/amount (very very little) for the last couple of days and I'm now 8dpo. I have never ever had spotting at this point in my cycle before. So of course I'm wondering if it could be a sign of implantation. But not sure if it's gone on for too long? Or if it started too early at 6dpo? any experiences or calming words appreciated smile

Weddingbelle13 Sat 23-Apr-16 22:07:32

Hiya Im in the same boat had like a brian sludge on wiping the last few days such a confusing time just which you could see what was going on in there

MagpieCursedTea Sat 23-Apr-16 22:15:09

It could be! One of the difficult things when TTC is that a symptom can be completely insignificant or it can mean you're about to get a BFP. Sorry that's not very helpful! Really hope it is a good sign for you. For what it's worth, I've heard that implantation bleeding can vary in length and amount.
Do you normally have a regular cycle?

closephine85 Sat 23-Apr-16 22:18:10

Hi weddingbelle, I really hope you meant brown and that you don't actually have brain sludge coming out of you! smile

Ugh it's so stressful! I'm considering testing tomorrow morning as supposedly Hcg can be picked up two days after implantation. Setting myself up for a big fall here I think. How many days past ovulation are you?

closephine85 Sat 23-Apr-16 22:20:43

Sorry magpie crossed post! Yes normally pretty regular with a bit of spotting for a few days before AF starts but usually no
Spotting until at least 13dpo so this is totally out of the ordinary for me. I had a few cramps the first day the spotting started but nothing since and no sore boobs etc. really don't know what to make of it.

Weddingbelle13 Sat 23-Apr-16 22:22:19

Haha brown it is not brain lol silly phone my AF due next thur wheh are all of you due ?

closephine85 Sat 23-Apr-16 22:23:07

I'm due Friday. So I know realistically testing tomorrow would be super early and probably a silly idea.

Weddingbelle13 Sat 23-Apr-16 22:23:41

I'm 10/11 I reckon x

Weddingbelle13 Sat 23-Apr-16 22:24:31

It's soooooooo hard ! This is my 31st month of ttc had a few mc's

closephine85 Sat 23-Apr-16 22:28:04

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that flowers did you had implantation bleeding with any of your pregnancies?

It's incredibly hard sad we have make factor infertility but have a 4 year old ds so know natural conception is not entirely impossible, just much harder! I had a laprsocopy in February so I've had my hopes up the last couple of months with the mythical increased fertility that apparently goes with having the op!

closephine85 Sat 23-Apr-16 22:28:24

Male*

Weddingbelle13 Sat 23-Apr-16 22:52:56

Nope never before but my sister did it was so bad she just thought it was her AF she never found out until next AF was due so not sure if that counts for something ? X

Weddingbelle13 Sat 23-Apr-16 22:53:58

Ive also got stabby pains in my nipples weird

closephine85 Sun 24-Apr-16 05:36:21

Gosh it must have been quite heavy for your sister to think it was AF! Mine has been very very light but it's still there this morning. Just did a test and bfn (surprise surprise!) I know it's only 9dpo but I keep reading about women getting positives 2 days after implantation bleeding so I guess that means it's unlikely for me.

DizzyNorthernBird Sun 24-Apr-16 07:31:40

Hi closephine I'm in a similar boat to you so thought I'd add my tuppence worth for anyone else that's reading with a similar issue. I had a random bleed during the week (think it was 6dpo) however in my case I'm doubting it is a sign of pregnancy!

I've been ttc 16 months but got diagnosed in January with pcos, so my cycles can be a bit erratic and pre af sypmtoms vary month to month from nothing at all to symptoms which seem to mimic early pregnancy symptoms! But I have never ever had a mid cycle bleed before.

This cycle we haven't been ttc as DP had his SA test. I haven't been temping other than for a few days when I had ewcm and my temps did rise so FF confirmed ov. This was on the day of DP's SA appt and we hadn't dtd for 4 days by then.

When I had the spotting it was almost a rusty red colour when I wiped after a wee, then nothing at all afterwards or since. Like you, I usually don't get anything until 13dpo which is when I get brown cm then af comes late evening on 14dpo. The day before this happened I was feeling pretty rough so obviously my hormones have been playing up but I'm not sure why.

I'm not getting any symptoms right now other than the usual sore boobs, but I've been in a surprisingly good mood all weekend which isn't like me during tww at all!

I'm also due af on Friday, so it'll be interesting to see how the coming week goes and whether our bleeds amount to anything!

DizzyNorthernBird Sun 24-Apr-16 07:33:10

Oh and sorry for you bfn today but don't lose hope just yet, it's definitely too early!

closephine85 Sun 24-Apr-16 07:49:45

Thanks Dizzy smile sounds like you're coping with it better than me! I think I'm stressing as well because if it's not implantation then what on earth is it?!

Sounds like you're in with a chance too. It's not over until the fat lady sings (or AF arrives!) as they say hmm think I'm going mad with the tension.

Emus Sun 24-Apr-16 10:49:06

I've never been able to get a bfp before 10dpo so don't lose hope yet. Remember that everyone is different and the timeline isn't exact. Best of luck, get yourself a stack of Internet cheapies of you haven't already (I was a little addicted to poas!).

closephine85 Sun 24-Apr-16 13:27:27

Thanks emus smile my I've currently run out of ic's. Going to order some more tonight as I am also a little addicted smile It was a first response I used this morning but I'm finding them terrible for evap lines (not to mention expensive!)

closephine85 Sun 24-Apr-16 13:28:17

And I also didn't get a BFP until I was a few days late with my ds so 9dpo would be very early, but Google convinced me!

Emus Sun 24-Apr-16 14:26:44

I've never had an issue with FR and evap lines, sounds like a bad batch. Have my fingers crossed for you that you get a bfp soon.

DizzyNorthernBird Sun 24-Apr-16 16:18:05

closephine I've been through too many months where I've let myself get my hopes up because of various 'symptoms'. I'd rather just assume af will come then it's not so disappointing when it does. I have been wondering about the bleed though but won't let it stress me out. My body does like to throw me curveballs after all! Hopefully yours is a good sign. smile

closephine85 Sun 24-Apr-16 20:02:06

Thanks emus - would be lovely but trying not to get my hopes up.

Dizzy - we are almost into our third year of ttc no2 but somehow I still manage to give myself hope each and every month!! Some more than others though, I do now know the real signs of AF very well at least. This though, total curve ball like you say! Sometimes I feel like someone somewhere is playing evil games with me.

DizzyNorthernBird Wed 27-Apr-16 17:31:13

Any news?

Af got me today. Earlier than I'd expected. I have no idea what that bleed was all about!

closephine85 Wed 27-Apr-16 18:41:55

Sorry to hear AF got you dizzy sad

I've had a ridiculous few days. I had a strong positive on a test from Lloyd's pharmacy but then I read reviews saying they give false positives so became skeptical. Went to the Drs today and did a test there which Was negative. Also used a first response and a boots own brand today both of which were also negative. The dr said to write the spotting off as a bad month and see what happens after AF. Not arrived yet but due in a couple of days and feel it on the way sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now