Talk

Advanced search

TTC with Bacterial Vaginosis :( Constant BV battle

(4 Posts)
MummyTo1TTC2 Mon 18-Apr-16 13:27:47

Hi all...
So I have read thread after thread after thread on this topic but still not convinced.

Does anyone know if have BV lowers chances of conceiving? I have had it 5 times in the last 2-3 months. I treat it with antibiotics but it comes back within 3-5days.

Im having my mirena coil out this week and want to start TTC straight away but really worried as I've read that having BV can also cause miscarriage, low birth weight, premature labour, early rapture of sac sad

Does anyone have any information, know of anyone of suffered yourself from this and still managed to conceive and have a normal pregnancy?

Xx

Mummyandwife85 Mon 18-Apr-16 14:10:17

hi xox I had my coil out March 28th and been told it had dropped in to my cervix and I had also got bv (my first time ever I was so embarrassed tbh) anyways I I'm ttc and I have read much like yourself about how it can be harmful to pregnancy ect, I don't know anyone who has had bv n got or been pregnant so I'm not much help I'm afraid lol x

Junosmum Mon 18-Apr-16 15:20:25

Is your partner getting treated too? Sounds as though he's carrying it and reinfecting you.

I know BV isn't classed as an STD but it's only found in sexually active people and there's increasing evidence that it can be passed from a male partner (in a similar way to thrush).

MummyTo1TTC2 Mon 18-Apr-16 16:45:42

I have been told so many times that males can't carry BV but I personally think they must do like thrush. They believe mine is being caused by my partners semen shock which isn't great when TTC!
I have never had this in the past, always suffered with thrush but never BV I was absolutely mortified when it happened the first time! I feel so embarrassed to go out and be at work with it because I'm so paranoid people will think I smell blush sad
I can't seem to get any answers. My doctor thinks having my coil out may help with it but I'm not sure on that one. Going to start using my gel prescription tonight to try shift it by Thursday when my coil comes out x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now