If I'm not pregnant I will eat my hat! (or never symptom spot again)

(23 Posts)
tobermory29 Thu 14-Apr-16 00:03:28

So... I am only 3/4 days po, started a separate thread about dtd at ovulation and conception and can't really believe it would be possible in the first month...but I "feel" pregnant! I'm driving myself mad! Lol!
Made one of my fav dinners for my (grown up) boys tonight, and supposed to be also for me...couldn't eat, stomach was heaving at the thought, can still smell the chips four hrs later! Also, my dp was smoking his e-cig earlier which never bothers me in the slightest, yet the smell of the vapour was making me queasy! Sitting here still feeling queasy! Have very blue veins on my boobs...were they always there...don't think so...but quite possibly! Also feeling very emotional tonight...but that could also be my frustration with myself because deep down I don't believe it could happen that easily!
Is it really possible to feel all this so early or is it all in my head?

BoBo90 Thu 14-Apr-16 07:16:01

In the nicest possible way it's probably in your head. In my first tww I was symptom spotting all over the place and thought I must be pregnant but nope. I'm now on cycle 3. I think your just paying so much more attention to your body you start noticing every little thing. At 3/4 dpo the egg hasn't even implanted yet so it's unlikely you'd be getting any symptoms at all.
That doesn't mean you won't get a nice bfp in a week or so though! Try to stay calm and think of it as a possible bfn so it's not a shock on testing day 😊 Good luck! X

Canters15 Thu 14-Apr-16 07:59:12

I had more symptoms the months I wasn't pregnant then the months i was. I got a strong bfp at 13dpo and had no symptoms until about 16dpo.

You may well be pregnant, but it's unlikely pregnancy is causing your current symptoms. Try not to stress out too much, it'll happen!

Metalhead Thu 14-Apr-16 09:20:00

Agree with canters, I drove myself mad with symptom spotting and had every symptom under the sun during the 14 cycles it took to conceive DD2, but when I finally fell pregnant I was sure I was out that month as I didn't have any! And as bobo said, at 3dpo the potential embryo hasn't even implanted yet, hence your body is not producing any hcg yet, which is the hormone that gives you most of the pregnancy symptoms like nausea. But it's amazing what tricks the mind can play on the body... Good luck OP, I hope you get your BFP in a week or so but try not to be too disappointed if it's not.

StarkyTheDirewolf Thu 14-Apr-16 11:57:54

Agree with pp, it's psychosematic. Stop concentrating on what you want to be there and just let the tww happen, easier said than done I know!

Hope you get your bfp in a week or so but stop winding yourself up, it won't do you any good. flowers

ermmm Thu 14-Apr-16 22:43:34

Hiya how you get your bfp. Grown up boys! I was freakish out with having teens and have just tested today and the lovely ladies from mumsnet have confirmed it looks like a bfp.
Like u though I feel could it really have happened so quick. Have been a lurker on these threads and reading the struggles some go through was thinking the same souls be the case. Imagine my shock waiting for AF to come and go so I can start monitoring ovulation! No AF .
Good luck

ermmm Thu 14-Apr-16 22:43:59

*hope I meant not how... Fat fingers!!!

tobermory29 Fri 15-Apr-16 16:22:11

Thanks ladies. I know you are right, it is hard tho. Calmed down a bit now as it gets nearer to being able to test. Will probably start testing Tuesday...I know that's a little early, but if it's negative I will be fine, wouldn't expect it to be so easy at my age. It's the waiting more so than the testing that frustrates me!

ermmm - wow! Congratulations to you, how lucky for you. You must be over the moon grin

ermmm Fri 15-Apr-16 20:00:00

Not really sure how I feel to be honest.
Just feel like finding out I have suddenly developed syptoms. Was reading how fatigued mommies were... Thought not me!!
Went for 20 min lie down at 3 didn't wake up till 5!!! Never snooze during the day lol

tobermory29 Fri 15-Apr-16 22:37:07

Yea that'll be me. I know if I got a bfp I would be aware of symptoms immediately! Gawd I have them now and I'm probably not even pregnant! Lol!

How far along are you?

ermmm Fri 15-Apr-16 22:47:57

think am around 5.3weeks. feel like a first tym mom. Going to need everything. Gave everything away last year as nothing was happening for ages lol.

tobermory29 Fri 15-Apr-16 23:02:13

Aww isn't that just sod's law! Still, good excuse to go baby shopping. That can never be a bad thing! Lol!
Are your kids grown up?

ermmm Fri 15-Apr-16 23:10:47

Mine are dd14 and ds13. So alot of hormone overload in this household. DS is hitting puberty and a right arse at the mo... Makes me think I must be mad to want to start again lol. Urs?

ermmm Fri 15-Apr-16 23:12:01

I'm prob the only woman on earth that hates shopping 😶. Might be different for baby stuff lol

tobermory29 Fri 15-Apr-16 23:22:22

Ooooh! The teenage years! Such a joy! Still feel bruised from them! Lol! I have three adults, all still at home! I too think I must be mad, but on the flip side, there is nothing quite like the love for your kids and I think getting one more chance would be such a different experience this time. Not worrying so much about milestones and routines, just enjoying the moment. I also feel my role is to be a mother and miss these childhood years very much

ermmm Fri 15-Apr-16 23:35:35

Brave woman lol. I thought I was late to the baby party this time round.
so this time round we go with the flow sod routine as when they hit puberty they all turn to monsters anyhow🤔

tobermory29 Fri 15-Apr-16 23:42:20

Yep...that sums it up perfectly! Lol!

ermmm Fri 15-Apr-16 23:45:56

At least you have come out the other side with teens... So I gues will enjoy the new bubba.
Yesterday when the DS was being rude about having a crap phone his dad and I looked at each other and we both were thinking - so no matter what we do they are ungrateful little so- so lol . This baby might end up sleeping in a drawer thanks to the older siblings current behaviour lol.

ermmm Fri 15-Apr-16 23:48:19

Really hope u get that BFP now ur my idol lol. Surviving her teens 💐

tobermory29 Fri 15-Apr-16 23:55:29

Lol! Don't think teenagers are satisfied with anything no matter what you do! Two of mine were an absolute nightmare, but they do come back to you. Slowly. Very slowly! Lol! And in my experience they know you're good to them, they're just not going to tell you that till much later.

Can't put into words how much I would appreciate another chance, and I know my older children would adore a baby sibling...they just don't know it's happening yet! Lol!
Hopefully I will be joining you soon....

ermmm Thu 21-Apr-16 07:11:03

Have you been poas? Hope you get your bfp.👍🏼

tobermory29 Thu 21-Apr-16 10:42:03

Tested yesterday and this morning. Bfn. I'm only 11dpo so I know it's early yet and could change but I'm not feeling hopeful. Feeling a bit fed up today but I'll just keep testing until AF arrives. Due on Monday I think. Will def update if anything exciting happens! smile

ItsLikeRainOnYourWeddingDay Thu 21-Apr-16 11:02:36

You need to calm down, meaning this in the nicest possible away. You are clearly imagining symptoms. Relax and let it happen or you will drive yourself crazy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now