Talk

Advanced search

Chemical confusion

(23 Posts)
Frantasic Tue 12-Apr-16 20:47:31

Hi, I have just got to the end of the most frustrating and confusing TWW. On 7dpo I tested and got a faint BFP and the same on 8dpo. On 10dpo a spotted briefly and had a gynae appointment and had a BFN there, although the the nurse gave it very little time to develop. On Friday I was 13 dpo I did a FRER which was BFN. At that point I gave up hope, but then the real torture started. On Sunday I woke up with THE worst headache and cramps and I was wiping pink... I assumed AF was arriving. However, all of Sunday I was cramping with very little bleeding. I was doubled over on the sofa all day and feeling sick. I woke up yesterday to THE WORST cramps... I had a MC three years ago and it was on a par. But still very little bleeding. I went to see my GP as it was clear it was not just my period. She did another BFN she suggested the EPU might do a scan but I know my one doesn't until 6 weeks. She also wants me to have bloods done. After I go home the bleeding picked up a bit to something resembling a very light AF, but that only lasted a couple of hours. I was still cramping badly for the rest of the evening... My back and my right side were killing me. Strangely it all just stopped at about midnight. Well I am still mildly cramping and my back still hurts, but no bleeding since last night.

My question is has anyone else experienced this? I had nausea, swollen boobies, awful fatigue and a dragging sensation during the TWW and called it that I was pregnant at one point. the cramps and bleeding/spotting are obvs not normal. But I was wondering what the outcome was for anyone else who's had the same experience.

Any responses gratefully received.

10storeylovesong Wed 13-Apr-16 06:00:02

Hi Frantastic. I had a chemical in January which was just like a normal period. I then had one in February which sounds similar to yours. Very severe cramps and only spotting for first couple of days followed by heavy bleeding which I'm sorry to say lasted 3.5 weeks (hopefully yours won't last so long). I was in a lot of pain, had awful headache and was extremely tired and shaky and kept fainting. They had to do a scan to check I hadn't "retained material" and I had hormone medication to stop the bleeding.

It's been 4 weeks since I stopped bleeding and I had a very faint positive test on Sunday but have started with cramps so worried I'm on my way to third consecutive chemical.

aetw Wed 13-Apr-16 07:18:05

Hi Frantastic, I also had this last month. I had a positive test at around (not sure) 14 days dpo and then two days later I was out with a friend and got the pain in my back and going into my shoulder , two hours later there was a bit of blood and then the following day it was like a normal period but with heavy clots.
If you are not bleeding as heavily then it might just be spotting. I keep everything crossed for you and wish you all the best of luck. Xxx

lovewatchingrainfall Wed 13-Apr-16 07:44:19

A www Fran I am sorry to hear things are not okay.
thanksthanks

Have you spoken to your Doctor again or phone the EPU and explain what is going on.

Frantasic Wed 13-Apr-16 09:29:09

Thanks for the reply guys.

Love, I thought I'd start a new threat so I wasn't scaring you guys... There were so many BFPs on the TTW treads. How are your cramps now? I haven't spoken to them, I am going to get the bloods done today though.

10stories. Wow, you really went though it. I'm so sorry for your loss. The thing that's odd about mine is the bleeding lasted less than 36 hours. Even my shortest AF is never less than 2 and a half days. It's just strange. I'm still having very mild cramps but no bleeding at all.

Aetw I have a bloody test form so I'm gonna nip to the hospital and get that done, but I think I'm gonna keep doing HPT too. None of what happened over the last few days was normal. I'm so sorry you went through such a crappy time with you MC. X

lovewatchingrainfall Wed 13-Apr-16 10:00:50

Hope all goes well Fran. Cramps are still there and can be painful so I'm just waiting for what I think will be a MC as I have felt like this before. Just taking one day as it comes tho.

Hope you get answers soon.

Frantasic Wed 13-Apr-16 10:40:16

I really hope it sticks for you. Boy, you and I have had a stressful few days. Let me know how things are going. DM me if you want to chat more privately. You have supported me, I'd like to return the favour. Xxx

Frantasic Wed 13-Apr-16 14:49:33

Well I've got two super squinty BFPs. One stronger than the other. The stronger one on a 20uml test. I've tried taking a photo but it doesn't show up they are so faint. Time to talk to the EPU I think. I just hate my local one.

Frantasic Wed 13-Apr-16 14:53:29

Actually, it showed up on this one. Am I seeing things?

lovewatchingrainfall Wed 13-Apr-16 16:05:55

Fran I see a line in a that pic.

Yes think you need to speak to the EPU and explain what is going on. Keep me updated. x

Frantasic Wed 13-Apr-16 16:17:54

Thanks... I thought I was going mad! I'm gonna go and queue up tomorrow. X

2under2aagh Wed 13-Apr-16 16:24:22

Take a clear blue digital
That line is very faint I never trust faint lines

Frantasic Wed 13-Apr-16 17:43:12

Thanks 2under2... I'm holding off the digital CB because they aren't that sensitive. That test was 20mlu and barely showed CB are 40. But thanks for confirming that on not going crazy. smile

2under2aagh Wed 13-Apr-16 18:31:00

Someone has prob already mentioned this but go ask gp for blood tests and ask them to rush them through

Frantasic Wed 13-Apr-16 18:47:08

It's all in hand, I just need to nip and have it done... I'm gonna do it tomorrow. smile

2under2aagh Wed 13-Apr-16 19:27:36

That's great
Keep us updated

LittleHeart2014 Wed 13-Apr-16 22:13:43

I see a line!!!!! Congrats Fran flowers so pleased for you after all you've been through. Stay sticky little poppyseed x

Frantasic Wed 13-Apr-16 22:38:23

Thanks little... I'm hoping its viable but given the last few days I'm gonna go to the EPU and see what they say. It's been a stressful few days.

I read on the other thread that your symptoms are picking up a pace... That's a good sign. That Dr was so out of order for putting that seed in your head. Having got a booking spot yet?

Rarotonga Wed 13-Apr-16 22:59:39

Fingers tightly crossed for you Fran x

Frantasic Wed 13-Apr-16 23:57:52

Thanks Raro. I hope your medical condition doesn't stand in your way I have PCOS and I'm lucky that my fertility hasn't been affected at all. X

10storeylovesong Thu 14-Apr-16 23:46:59

How're you getting on Fran?

Frantasic Fri 15-Apr-16 00:16:57

No news at the mo, well not confirmation of what's going on. Although I'm starting to get PG symptoms like darkening nipples and a dragging sensation in my pelvis. I've been having fatigue all along but the nausea eased off when I had the bleed. Oh and I think my sense of smell is picking up.

Thank you for asking X

aetw Sun 17-Apr-16 17:22:14

Congrats Fran. That's such good news!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now