Talk

Advanced search

CD 38 no period

(23 Posts)
noitsachicken Tue 12-Apr-16 16:59:38

Hello,
DS2 is 15 months and my period returned about a month ago. No drama, normal period.
Now I am day 38 and no sign of another period, I know cycles can be irregular when they start up again, but I don't remember this after DS1.
My cycle was around 31 days if I remember correctly.
Any thoughts? When should I be concerned?
We are not TTC, but did have unprotected sex on day 19, thinking chances of conception were minimal. (I know, I know!)

physicskate Tue 12-Apr-16 20:59:00

You could try taking a test...

I have reasonably regular cycles of 28-32 days and this month weirdly AF didn't start until CD39...

I have heard things can get very strange after kids.

noitsachicken Fri 15-Apr-16 14:41:42

Still nothing at CD41.
Taking a test makes pg a possibility! Not sure I am ready for that.

Luvbeinmum Fri 15-Apr-16 23:32:26

I get the not ready to know thing yet...

My story is a little different

I am remarried, turning 40 in a week. My DH is 41 the day after I turn 40. I have a 12 year old and a 10 year old girls which my DH treats as his own. I am so lucky.

Anyways. Back in sept I came off the pill with the intention to put an IUD in but my period took a couple months to get sorta straightened out. My hubby and I have tossed the idea of having a baby back and forth but ... Well when my period was still going through adjustments of getting on track we thought maybe I was and ended up in a pretty heated discussion that lead to not a happy decision if I was. Turned out my period showed its face at day 45.

But In the last 4 months we still haven't protected but used the pull out method. My periods have been 33-26 in lengths for the last 3.

Well that updates you and brings you to today. I'm not sure what to think and kinda afraid to test again.... Here's the load down.

Mar 11th period
Mar 22nd - sorry TMI. Came on me but played with it after if you know what I mean.
Mar 27th - pink streak and brown spot for a couple hours only. And then mar 28th in am very very little brown spotting
Since about mar 31st sore breasts on and off. Cramps on and off. Headaches on and off. Tired.
April 9 - took a test bfn cd30 just took it cause I felt pregnant.
Now today cd36 and still no period. I have a test waiting but very scared to test now and see BFP as if I am not sure how I would tell him.

For the last three days I swore I was getting it with the cramps and sore boobs but nothing clear as day.

Hope you don't mind me crashing your group. Hugs. Thoughts welcome.

noitsachicken Sat 16-Apr-16 08:12:51

I'm sure there is a test in the cupboard, but I don't want to look!
Still no sign of anything!
Surely if I was pg I would have early symptoms?
I just don't know how long to wait for, day 42 now.
I was always pretty regular.

Sorry you are going through similar luvbeinmum. When do you think you will test again?

Luvbeinmum Sat 16-Apr-16 16:33:39

Good morning...

Well I gave in and took a test 1st thing this morning today being cd37 and was BFN but of course still no period.

Chick .. You need to test it did give me a sense of ok maybe it's still coming and I'm still out of whack and yes still little confused. The thing that I find weird is the spotting I had if was from ovulation then I should have it by now right? it was on Easter Sunday. It definitely was not a very early period way way to light didn't have to wear anything. The waiting game continues.

Let us know how it goes chick!

noitsachicken Sun 17-Apr-16 09:39:14

Still nothing, although had some crampy pain yesterday.
There is a test in the cupboard, maybe tomorrow.......

noitsachicken Sun 17-Apr-16 09:40:26

Well done for testing though, but it's frustrating isn't it, not knowing what's going on.

jobrum Sun 17-Apr-16 09:50:19

My dd is nearly 15 months. Still breastfed a couple of times a day and my period returned when she was 10 months. They have been 31-33 day cycles, one was 38 and this month's took me by surprise on day 26.

So perhaps periods do take a while to settle after pregnancy and birth. I had to take a test a couple of months ago and was terrified as I thought dh and I had decided that we'd be happy with another but wonderes if I'd made that up!

But take that test! There's no point worrying about the answer when you can just find out!

ImBrian Mon 18-Apr-16 19:25:11

I'm on day 41 with no period and I've used condoms but never go over 32 days! I've taken two tests but I'm still worried.

Nottalotta Mon 18-Apr-16 19:43:48

Hi Op, I am in a similar position except I would be happy with a bfp! I had my first hellish period since ds was born, previously cycles were 24 days lucky me I didn't get another period for 41 days. And yes it's hellish again. So it's probably just your cycle settling down. I did test a couple of times. Go on, poas!!

Luvbeinmum Tue 19-Apr-16 21:44:21

Hi all. Sorry been quit. Still no update since Saturday. Still waiting for ??
Cd40.

Had the weirdest contractions just like BH yesterday, I have had two kids smile anyways I swore I would wake with my period this morning but nope

So confused.

IMBRIAN any update?

Chick how about you?

ImBrian Wed 20-Apr-16 06:32:04

I'm on cd 43! Feel sick, horrible taste etc. I'm hoping with two negative tests that there's just a bit of an imbalance. I had spotting days 22&23 so maybe something to do with that. If I was pregnant it would have showed up when I tested, wouldn't it? confused
I hope all those wanting a bfp get them, good luck.

noitsachicken Wed 20-Apr-16 07:07:16

Day 46, still nothing.
Also funny taste, but I get that on and off anyway.
I just keep telling myself that I would have other symptoms by now if I was pregnant, wouldn't I?
I am reading threads about having three children and panicking!
We are going away for a few days tomorrow, so I think I'll wait until after that before I test. Maybe. ..

ImBrian Wed 20-Apr-16 22:11:20

It's here, day 43! I'm putting it down to stress.

noitsachicken Sat 23-Apr-16 12:31:09

That's a relief imbrian
Day 49 here, still nothing. Feeling queasy and grotty. Hoping it's just hormones.
On our way home from our trip, but I think I will ttest when we get home.

noitsachicken Sat 23-Apr-16 14:54:38

Oh

jobrum Sun 24-Apr-16 10:26:24

Chicken, just seen the post. Are you a bit less shocked today?

noitsachicken Sun 24-Apr-16 11:30:12

A bit thankyou.
Not sure it's really sunk in though.
We had talked about having a third, just not quite yet!

Nottalotta Sun 24-Apr-16 14:58:27

Hope you are feeling OK about it chicken. Mine turned up sadly.

noitsachicken Mon 25-Apr-16 09:00:32

Sorry nottalotta
It's just a shock, I honestly did not think I was, plus with previous pregnancies I have been excited to take the test, took asap, was only just pregnant when I found out.
This time I am already 7 weeks, and just not prepared. We are pleased, just worrying a bit about the reality!

Nottalotta Mon 25-Apr-16 11:02:58

I can imagine, esp when it's unexpected. I'm not surprised af got me, going to try hard this month but hard when I don't know what my cycles are doing.

Congratulations. It'll be fine. smile

noitsachicken Mon 25-Apr-16 19:39:00

Thanks. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now