Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I cant stop feeling broody at 19!

(2 Posts)
misspockettrx Tue 12-Apr-16 12:32:23

Hi everyone,

I'm 19 years old and have been with my boyfriend for 3 years. We both currently still live with our parents but are saving to buy our own house, which is going well because we both have good full time jobs. For the past couple of months I have been sooo broody. I mean, looking on-line at baby clothes, cots and names. Watching birthing videos and looking at anti natal classes, anything to do with pregnancy and babies, you name it, I've researched it!! The lot. I know this is stupid because we want to be settled in our own home before we try for a baby. But I just cant kick this desire that I want to be pregnant NOW! My parents are 50 and my grandparents reaching their 80's and I feel I need to have a baby soon so that they can be in my childs life for as long as possible, i know thats somewhat depressing but my sister feels the same way (however she is now trying for her first child).

Is there anything I can do that can stop me feeling this way? I've already tried watching videos of screaming toddlers etc!

Any advice would be great.

Thank you!!

love, R. smile x

BoBo90 Tue 12-Apr-16 14:10:30

Hi, I can totally understand the broodiness! When it hits you it hits you big time!

The only thing I can think of to help is to keep reminding yourself of the negatives of having a baby right now. So:
1. You are saving for a house, this is going to suddenly become ten times harder if you aren't working and are having to buy all the first baby stuff like cot/pram. On top of that there's the ongoing costs. It's all going to eat into your house savings.
2. You still live with your parents - really not great to have a baby when living apart and with parents as although they mean well they will have plenty of opinions and help to offer which can cause a bit of drama. You also don't want to be apart and if you have to go into rented then buying will definitely be out as all your money will be gone.
3. I don't know if you plan on getting married but you will also struggle to save for that if you have a baby now.

I also completely get the parents/grandparents thing (I am the exact same) but you can't let that affect your decision and regret it later because you had to give up a house etc.

I've wanted a baby for a few years but got married and bought a house last year so we've only been trying since dec and I am so glad we did it that way round!

No idea if this will help make the broodiness go away but it's how I managed smile good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now