Talk

Advanced search

First time - Dreaded 2 week wait. Advice!!!!

(12 Posts)
Fuzyfelt23 Mon 11-Apr-16 15:15:24

Ok.. so here I am. We decided to try for a baby. I've never been on the pill. I'm 26 and healthy and have regular 28 day cycles.
My March cycle is the first of trying, I've used a fertility App religiously and used Ovulation Sticks also.. (maybe a little obsessive I know!)
Is it possible for it to really work first time of trying? I think I was ovulating 31st March/1st April and I am due on my period in 6 days time. This wait is HORRIFIC. I don't know if I'm imagining symptoms. I've had a couple of strong episodes of nausea and hot flashes. I've been getting a lot of niggling pains in the left side of my lower tummy.. which I must admit I don't usually have.. a lot of creamy white discharge (Sorry TMI). I'm driving myself mad wondering if I'm imagining my symptoms. I've also been very very moody, my mood swings are really intense.. I'm usually not like that. Somebody please give me some comfort so I know I'm not alone!!!!

Fuzyfelt23 Mon 11-Apr-16 15:18:18

I have also been having mad cravings for coffee... which I've never drank in my life... is this just because caffeine is addictive or because I'm pregnant!!???

MyKingdomForBrie Mon 11-Apr-16 15:23:24

It can happen the first time but it can also take months, I really wouldn't put all this pressure on yourself at this stage, it sounds really so OTT for your first cycle. Unless you have some reason to expect fertility issues I would just take a breath and wait to find out (you can actually POA FRER at this point, your FMU might give you a response at 10/11 dpo. Don't count on it though, if it's bfn it might just be too soon.

tobermory29 Mon 11-Apr-16 15:45:39

Fuzzyfelt23 - I'm the same as you...ovulated this weekend and now starting the tww and can think of nothing else. Maybe it's just first month optimism, I'm guessing it'll calm down when reality hits! I'm a lot older than you right enough so not expecting it to be easy in reality...but then again...get butterflies just thinking about it grin
Good luck x

Cottagecosy Mon 11-Apr-16 21:43:41

Hi ladies, can I join you? I'm also ttc first cycle this month. Think I am around ovulation now but I don't seem to get any real signs and haven't got my head around cm changes so don't know exactly when. AF would normally be due 23/24th so the wait begins.

I flit between excited and terrified 😊 Good luck to both of you! You'll be testing before me!

Fuzyfelt23 Mon 11-Apr-16 21:47:23

It's crazy how you spend your whole teens/early twenties avoiding pregnancy... And then when you want to get pregnant you realise how small the changes are!!! Only 5 more days before I can test. Cant wait any longer 😐 I'm very impatient!!!

Loki17 Tue 12-Apr-16 06:27:08

I conceived my dd first time. I hadn't been on any hormonal birth control for over a year. Second time around, I'm 8 months in without a successful bfp. I miscarried in January and I had a chemical last month. For your own sanity - try to relax. It could happen immediately or it could take a little longer. Sadly, getting pregnant and staying pregnant are two different things. Try and distract yourself and try not to test early. Chemicals are heartbreaking. Good luck.

Fuzyfelt23 Tue 12-Apr-16 08:07:03

Loki17 what's do you mean by a chemical? I had a MC a few years ago, I didn't even know I was pregnant. It was awful

mollymaid16 Tue 12-Apr-16 08:12:20

I'm currently 1 week into my 2ww. Trying for my second baby.

The thing is with my first child we got pregnant first month after coming off the pill after 6 years ( first month off it also).

But at the moment I think I can feel my af coming as have bad cramps.

I can only compare to my first pregnancy in which I never felt a thing for those early days, not even a twinge. This time around hoping that I'm cramping because its my 2nd pregnancy, fingers crossed.

mollymaid16 Tue 12-Apr-16 08:13:34

Ps good luck everyone in going to test on Friday if no sign of af

Fuzyfelt23 Tue 12-Apr-16 08:24:32

Good luck 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

cookielove Tue 12-Apr-16 12:40:15

I am in my second week of my two week wait but I don't really want to be pregnant lol! Although secretly I would be happy if I was grin

Good luck for when you test!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now