Talk

Advanced search

Cycle gone a bit awry after suspected miscarriage. OV on day ten? Chances?

(7 Posts)
aetw Mon 11-Apr-16 09:14:51

Hi, this is my first time posting and really reassuring that I can as I have no one to ask about this as nobody (apart from partner) knows I had a very early miscarriage at 5 weeks last month. I had been so excited when a very faint line had shown up and then two days later it was all over. I saw my doctor who said it was very common and nothing to worry and carry on as normal about but of course I am worried. I've never tried before this and it all seems to complicated. I spent all my twenties trying not to get pregnant and now it's all I can think of.
Anyway, last month seem to have sent this months hormones way out of whack. I'm normally every 34 days, however on day 10 I had some pain on one side which I recognised as OV pain so did a test LH and got positive result. Do you think my body was really ovulating that early or just tricking me? I would normally ovulate at day 18 to 20. I have have hardly any CM to speak of so used some fertility gel and I have been taking Agnus Castus to up my chances. We dtd two days before this positive test then on the day and then two days later. Chances do you think?
Sorry for long post and tmi.

CarrotVan Mon 11-Apr-16 09:22:06

There's a reason why the first cycle after mc is called the WTF cycle...

As I understand it you should only take AC until ovulation and then stop until the first day of your next cycle if ttc.

It's certainly possible that you ovulated early. MC, even very early, causes all sorts of discombobulation in your cycle.

aetw Mon 11-Apr-16 09:33:58

Oh really? I didn't know that about the WTF cycle? I have stopped the Agnus Castus now post what I think was ovulation. I have however, read some conflicting advice on that. Some say it supports early pregnancy with improved hormone levels. Arghhh! I don't know, I've started looking at everyone walking around and seeing them as little fertilised eggs, thinking "wow! It's amazing any of us are here!"

BoBo90 Mon 11-Apr-16 09:34:39

Theres every chance you ovulated early and by the sounds of it you did enough to catch the egg. However just in case you had a lh surge but didn't release an egg I would keep doing opks every other day to make sure you don't have another surge at your usual time 😊
You need to stop taking Agnus castus now as you may have ovulated. AC brings on a period and you don't want that now!
Good luck 😊

aetw Mon 11-Apr-16 09:46:35

Thank you. I will stop taking it. Thanks for the luck and to you too! X

m33r Mon 11-Apr-16 20:42:51

I don't want to be negative but have you have a negative pregnancy test? After my mc, I had positive pg tests (and ov tests - I am a poas addict) for ages. It might be positive because of residual hcg hormone. I hope not and very very good luck. Xx

aetw Mon 11-Apr-16 21:22:41

Yes, unfortunately the pregnancy test was negative three days after the bleed started. I couldn't get my head round how it was there and then wasn't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now