Talk

Advanced search

has anyone got pregnant using marina coil?

(9 Posts)
thingamijig Sun 10-Apr-16 11:41:08

Hi
As said in the title I'm wondering if anyone has conceived with a marina cool in place.
My last pregnancy with my daughter was awful. I had hyperemisis for the full 9 months hospitalised many times and ended up being induced 2 weeks early because of it. I am not planning anymore children.
I've had the coil in a year. I've not had a period in 2 months though they said this may stop. I've felt sick every morning for 2 weeks now and I just feel off. I took a test when I first started feeling poorly and it was negative but the first test I took when pregnant with dd was negative too so I'm worried I still may be and I just tested too early.
Has anyone out there fallen pregnant with the coil in or am I just being a paranoid idiot?
Thanks for reading

ShowOfHands Sun 10-Apr-16 11:44:55

Yes you can still get pregnant with a Mirena. Is it definitely still there?

Get another pregnancy test today and then see your GP.

thingamijig Sun 10-Apr-16 11:54:06

I don't know tbh. I've never really been able to feel the string thing. Not checked recently as I couldn't feel it from the start... Stupid really I suppose

OutToGetYou Sun 10-Apr-16 12:03:07

People do. But also periods do stop, slow down etc with it. And the hormones can make you feel sick.

I've had one twelve years yet have done quite a few pregnancy tests in that time. Periods stopping is great in theory, but induces regular panic as well!

Do another test. Pop to the GP if you can't feel the strings.

thingamijig Sun 10-Apr-16 12:09:55

I've felt sick before with it. Usually just as my period starts. The no period is definitely good in theory!
Not sure how many more of these panics I can handle.....
Will go get a test when dh gets home. Thank you

Jod1985 Sun 10-Apr-16 12:38:51

The Mirena often made me feel pregnant too. I would test, get it checked and then if you really don't want any more make use condoms as well as Mirena for peace of mind.

thingamijig Sun 10-Apr-16 14:24:51

I've put this in the wrong title. I should of put it in family planning
Sorry

GiraffeHouse Sun 10-Apr-16 14:38:37

Yes you can get pregnant although rare.
Periods frequently are lighter or stop altogether. Mine were erratic for 4 months but now no periods at all for over 3 years - result!

thingamijig Sun 10-Apr-16 18:36:53

I peed on a stick. Negative. Woop woop!
Think it must be the hormones making me feel yuck. Will go see gp. No periods for years would be fab just without this worry all the time!!!
Thank you for your answers thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now