Talk

Advanced search

EWCM (TMI!)

(8 Posts)
cakesandphotos Sat 09-Apr-16 18:34:05

We're on cycle #3 TTC and discovered at the end of the last cycle that my medication was stopping me ovulating (thanks for telling me earlier…) I always checked my cm and was never sure what EWCM looked like. Well now I know! I'm pretty excited to be honest because it definitely looks like I'm back to normal. How many days is average for EWCM? I'm on day 5 of it but I haven't had a positive opk yet so although I'm sure I'm fertile I'm unsure when I'll ovulate.

Loki17 Sat 09-Apr-16 19:58:28

I have it for around a week. Just keep dtd!

cakesandphotos Sun 10-Apr-16 07:37:32

Thanks smile

SunnyDays1987 Sun 10-Apr-16 12:09:17

I have probably a week or so of it too, I think I must get it a while after OV too. I'd also just keep DTD as long as it's around and then a little bit longer if you can be arsed! Good luck!

cakesandphotos Sun 10-Apr-16 15:56:44

Definitely DTD lots! I'm on CD20 (I think at least, my cycles have been up and down thanks to meds) and on googling, I've found out that cd20 is pretty late to get EWCM. Does that mean I likely already ovulated and this is just left over?

SunnyDays1987 Sun 10-Apr-16 18:42:27

Depends on your cycle length. I have about 35 day cycles so my EWCM doesn't even start until around day 20 ish! If you OV on say day 13/14 then you'd be thinking it would be coming to an end by CD20. Who knows though, it seems like we are all a bit different!!

Junosmum Sun 10-Apr-16 20:01:59

I had it for 5 days but it was 4days on, one day dry then 1 day ewcm again. I think I ovulated on the dry day.

cakesandphotos Mon 11-Apr-16 13:32:39

It's very frustrating trying to pin down ovulation. I've only just found out that a short luteal phase is bad so now I'm freaking out that that's what it is.
Although if my last random bleed wasn't actually a period then I could theoretically be pregnant so who knows what's going on!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now