Talk

Advanced search

Advice - Am I??

(5 Posts)
Nicehooves Sat 09-Apr-16 10:05:10

Morning all, apologies for the lack of abbreviations, I'm a newbie ;-)

I've been off the pill for 3 months and TTC for 1.
My cycle has been 28 days long since I've come off the pill, you could set your watch to it, except for this month... I was due yesterday but nothing... Took a pregnancy test which showed negative, woke up this morning expecting my period but still nothing! So now I'm thinking that i could actually be pregnant and slightly freaking out because I went out for a drink with the neighbours off the back of my negative pregnancy test yesterday... One last thing is that I've developed a hacking couch over the past week or so that won't shift. Can anyone offer some advice, even if that advice is just 'chill out' :-)

Parney Sat 09-Apr-16 10:45:59

Hi NH, honestly can't say if you are or not. I've recently come off the pill and my 2 cycles have been like clockwork too but I still wouldn't be surprised if my current cycle was to go over without me being PG. This is mainly due to reading about the experiences of other people on here post-pill, anything seems possible! I'm not going to lie I'd be excited if AF was late though! I wouldn't rule it out for you but I'd definitely wait a few days and if AF doesn't show I'd test again.

Interested in the coughing? I'm never ever ill and have suffered a lot this week with what started off as a tickly throat but has now become a hacking-type, painful bark! confused I'm up all night with it too! Sigh! Fx that you get BFP soon.

Nicehooves Sat 09-Apr-16 11:45:43

Thanks Parney. I guess I'll just have to be a bit patient.
Hope your cough gets better soon xx

physicskate Sat 09-Apr-16 17:59:33

Being ill can delay ovulation, which in turn could make your period late? It's just one of the possibilities. I'd wait a few more days and test again! I am currently CD37 in what is generally a 28-32 day cycle (but I did have one 37 days cycle about 4 cycles ago, which is weird for me). I tested negative... I get where you are coming from! What are our crazy bodies doing!?

Also, the placenta doesn't develop for a little while after fertilisation, so a drink or two is not going to be the end of the world so early on!

Nicehooves Sat 09-Apr-16 18:57:05

I think you're probably right Physicskate, if AF doesn't show by Monday I'll test again just to be sure. Thanks for the info about the placenta, phew X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now