What to do before TTC?

(5 Posts)
Acornacorn Fri 08-Apr-16 17:19:04

My DH and I have agreed we're emotionally ready to TTC (!!!) and while the romantic in me just wants to crack on, I'm wondering whether we need to be more practical.
What did you do before actively TTC?
Anything you wished you'd done before TTC in hindsight?
The things I've been thinking we should consider is:
- save some money to cover the bills whilst I'd be on maternity leave
- work out what our finances will look like after we've had a baby and I'm not working/working pt (I earn more than DH currently)
- finish doing up the house (although I worry that might take years...)
- whether we should have one final big holiday just as a couple

Would love to hear what others do/did/will do?
So tempted to just start TTC...

physicskate Fri 08-Apr-16 17:39:35

Start taking folic acid. Must. Reduces chances of birth defects like spina bifida.

Acornacorn Fri 08-Apr-16 17:44:32

Thanks Kate. Started the folic acid this week grin

everdene Fri 08-Apr-16 17:55:10

I'm in the same position Acorn!

We are having a big holiday later this year, doing lots of 'shall we go out for breakfast?' Type spontaneous activities, doing up our house and trying to just really enjoy each other's company while it's just the two of us.

Beansprout30 Fri 08-Apr-16 21:39:22

If you both feel ready id say just go for it. You don't know how long it might take and if id known it wasgoing to take 18 months id have started sooner.

Defo start taking folic acid and start saving. I finish work soon and have just had to fork out on broken car and boiler, so glad I saved whilst I could!

Best of luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now