Talk

Advanced search

Basic ttc question!

(4 Posts)
opalescent Fri 08-Apr-16 10:09:53

Hi all. I'm on cycle 1 of ttc my 2nd child. DC1 was an unexpected surprise, so I really didn't plan or pay attention to my cycle.
I'm currently on day 27 of my 30 day cycle, and definitely feel that I'm going to get my period. I did use ovulation strips this cycle, just for reassurance really. I started testing on day 10, and got strong positive results on days 14 and 15. What does this mean? I was under the impression that I would get one positive, one day, and that would mean I would ovulate in the following 24hrs or so?
What does it mean that I got a positive 2 days running? When would I have been likely to ovulate? I didn't notice much difference in cm around that time, and I didn't spot any ewcm, it stayed creamy for most of this cycle.
Can anyone offer any insights? Many thanks.

opalescent Fri 08-Apr-16 10:57:34

Anyone?smile

HeadTilt Fri 08-Apr-16 11:00:22

Different ovulation kits vary, but I think it is usual to get a positive for a couple of days. This would suggest you ovulated shortly after the last positive. As sperm can live for up to 5 days sex from around day 10 onwards (based on your info) could result in conception. Good luck!

opalescent Fri 08-Apr-16 11:02:26

Lovely, Thankyou Headtilt, that's useful to know!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now