should I have a third baby?

(4 Posts)
Valerie21 Wed 06-Apr-16 11:27:04

Hi. First ever post!

So I've got 2 girls already. 6years and 1 and a half. Never wanted any kids. Really struggled with both when they were babies.
But totally love being mum now.

Recently feel I'm desperate for another baby (never felt like this in my life) we have 3 bedroom house reasonably big so we have the room. Not sure if we can afford another? But was never sure if could afford the first two.

Anyone else had these thoughts and what did you do?

mollymaid16 Wed 13-Apr-16 09:24:08

I don't think anyone can say they were totally prepared to have children or have another child.

Don't look back and wish you'd have done it if it feels right just go for it. It wouldn't be the end of the world.

Blueandpinklove Wed 13-Apr-16 12:05:06

Hi Val, I get the whole broody for number 3 thing! I also understand the confused emotions. Only you can decide whether it is right for your family.

For me ...I'm just at the early stage of tentatively ttc #3 smile. Before we were married I thought 3 would be great and DH wanted 4. Since then my DH figured 2 was perfect and practical. So for the last year I've gone between being totally content with being done and desperately wanted my #3. After about 6 months of being fine with DH's decision I had a week of being intensely broody, and I mentioned my emotional state to DH. To my surprise he'd been thinking of a 3rd recently too. So we decided we'd not try to stop it happening and see if we were blessed with one more ... so here I am wanting to be happy either way but really hoping for the BFP in the next couple months as I don't want children after a certain age... that I'm fast approaching!!

sparkle789 Wed 13-Apr-16 20:58:13

I have these thoughts too. We have 2 dd's, age 9 and 2. I have been broody since dd2 was born and it went away a couple of months ago, but the last couple of weeks I'm so broody again!

Dh and I keep deciding yes we will go for it then getting worried and changing our minds.

We can afford it, but would need to move house. The biggest thing stopping us is I have depression. I'm mainly ok now but get the odd bad patch, also I have bad pmt so need to be on the pill as it improves it, which obviously I can't do if we ttc.

I feel like I need to make the decision really soon, I don't want another big gap if we have a third so need to ttc now if we decide to go for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now