Talk

Advanced search

Referral to clinic

(5 Posts)
Faye12345 Tue 05-Apr-16 17:18:45

Hi all. Posted last week as i was ? Pcos. Saw GP yesterday who said im borderline and has referred me to Endocrine fertility clinic in 2.5 weeks. She didnt seem overly worried though

charlottexox Tue 05-Apr-16 21:35:44

Hi! I got diagnosed with PCOS at 17, and I am now 21. I too have been to see an endocrinology doctor several times. But if your GP isn't too concerned I wouldn't panic! smile

Faye12345 Tue 05-Apr-16 22:48:13

Hi Charlotte what will they do to me? Im not ovulating and ttc so maybe more tests then ? Clomid x

charlottexox Wed 06-Apr-16 13:57:37

Hi Faye, I too didn't ovulate. They put me on 500mg of Metformin and my periods started again like clock work. Not sure what your BMI is, but as I was (and still am) overweight, they told me to lose weight if I want to get pregnant. I am now almost 20 weeks pregnant. They may put you on Clomid, but they started me on Metformin due to being insulin resistant.
Let me know how everything goes!

Faye12345 Wed 06-Apr-16 19:33:33

Thanks so much. Im not overweight im a size 10 BMI 22. Blood sugar test was normal too. Good luck with your pregnancy x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now