Talk

Advanced search

Starting 2 Week Wait

(285 Posts)
Lovewatchingrainfall Fri 01-Apr-16 21:16:48

Just as my title says as of today I am starting my TTW. I wish I could just sleep until now till then. Good luck anyone else starting there's.

Frantasic Fri 01-Apr-16 21:46:22

Hi... I'm almost a week into mine. I'm not sure if I'm going a bit crazy but I have a couple of symptoms that are unusual for my cycle. I have a bit of cramping on my right side and lower back. my temp is 37.1c, which is high for me. My palms are sweaty and I've been super sleepy today. These are all tangable symptoms. That along with a ton of EWCM until yesterday, I'm starting to think there might be something going on.

LittleHeart2014 Fri 01-Apr-16 22:44:59

I feel the same Fran. 6 days dpo and over the last day or so have had twinges on my left side, lower back ache, hot flushes, faint feeling, increased appetite and tonight I feel like a burst balloon. So exhausted. I'll be amazed if I am pregnant as it's first month ttc. Got my first period mid Feb after having my daughter 17 months ago so could just be that I've forgotten PMS symptoms. Think it's too early for that though. I have incredibly long cycles...

Rarotonga Fri 01-Apr-16 23:44:53

I am just entering my TWW too! I hope it goes quickly! Good luck everyone else too. Trying to focus on eating as healthily as possibly and upping the exercise as a distraction.

Frantasic Sat 02-Apr-16 00:16:12

It's frustrating, isn't it!? The thing I forgot to mention is weeing all the time. I'm trying not to get into obsessive symptom spotting but it's not easy.

I don't think it is too early to be feeling sometime... I have don't some googling over the past to days and it's totally possible to started feeling it as soon as implantation is taking place, which is any time from 6dpo.

I have two kids and knew well before AF was due.

Also, I suffered a miscarriage 3 years ago and it was the first time I'd had sex in 1.5 years. One is all it takes. :0)

LittleHeart2014 Sat 02-Apr-16 06:40:15

Sorry about the miscarriage Fran x

You're right though, my daughter was conceived in February 2014 and we didn't dtd for months before or after. Total shock. In fact I didn't know I was pregnant until 15 weeks! So it's very different this time around.

I feel quite in tune with my body right now and hope it's something.

Good luck all!

Lovewatchingrainfall Sat 02-Apr-16 09:24:16

Good luck all. I don't think I will be lucky this month as for the last 4 weeks have had this bloody bug that everyone else seems to have. And it has wiped me out. However will continue to carry on. Before my DD was born in 2013 I suffered 4 mc then fell with her when we decided we couldn't go through that again. So hopping I don't go through the same.

Frantasic Sat 02-Apr-16 11:46:54

Thanks little heart... It was tough, but it was early on in the pregnancy. I'd had and accident just before getting the BFP and blamed myself for ages after. The emotional distress made me never want to try again.

Lovewatchingtherainfall I'm sorry you had the MC. I can relate, I've never felt so lost as I did after mine. It was a scary prospect to ever let myself get PG again. Hope your bug is getting better. X

Frantasic Sat 02-Apr-16 11:50:10

Correction MCs... Sorry, typo. :0/

nataliefruit Sun 03-Apr-16 17:24:56

Can I join?

nataliefruit Sun 03-Apr-16 17:36:14

Sorry for the mcs Fran and Love. Fingers crossed it doesn't happen again and for sticky bfps for everyone!

Lovewatchingrainfall Sun 03-Apr-16 18:19:09

Of course you can join. How is everyone doing?

LittleHeart2014 Sun 03-Apr-16 21:18:05

Hope this is an easier journey for you Love. I'm beginning to feel impatient. Keen to test tomorrow but think I best wait until Thursday so I can be absolutely sure x

Lovewatchingrainfall Mon 04-Apr-16 17:21:47

Did you take a test today Little or did you decide to wait? Hope your all okay. I am fed up of waiting now. Still more then a week to go :-(

nataliefruit Mon 04-Apr-16 17:59:41

I think I'm either 3 days post ov or 5 days post ov depending on when it happened. I'm not quite sure as had ewcm and ov pain but negative opks 5 days ago and then positive opks but no ewcm 3 days ago so we'll see. I'm thinking I'll test around 16th if my af doesn't show.

It's our first month without protection and, while we dtd every other day leading up to ov, I hurt my back (hovering of all things!) And haven't dtd on or since ov so I'll be astonished if we get a bfp this month! Good luck to everyone grin

LittleHeart2014 Mon 04-Apr-16 20:59:54

How soon are you ladies testing? Just looking at Ovia app more closely and it's suggesting I test 12 days dpo. Should I wait a bit longer?

Been reading up on various types of tests and as it's common for some women to have lower hcg levels for longer wonder if it'll just burst my bubble if I test too soon!

What tests are you using?

Frantasic Mon 04-Apr-16 21:26:23

Hi everyone... I've been trying to find this thread to post for two days. Grr!

How is everyone doing?

I'm now dpo 8/9 and am furiously symptom spotting. There's something I wanted to ask those of you that have DC. I am either getting a visit from AF stupidly early or I think I'm experiencing implantation cramps. Have any of you ever had them. This feels like a heavy dragging sensation in my pelvis. It's more uncomfortable than painful. The only time I've ever had this feeling before is when I've been pregnant.

Other symptoms are my boobies seem a little bigger and I can't get through an afternoon without a nap on the sofa, and headaches. Oh AND a lot of watery CM.

It could all be PMS, but it's a bit early for all that.

Anyone else feeling anything today?

LittleHeart2014 Mon 04-Apr-16 21:37:17

I'm feeling exactly the same Fran. Symptoms wore off overnight and this morning, which was nice as I got more sleep, but had what felt like a cold and headache when I woke up. Now it's cramps and lower back ache again.

When are you testing? I keep reading posts about being 8dpo and getting positives but I reckon I'll continue to wait until Thu. Some haven't got positives until 21dpo!

Frantasic Mon 04-Apr-16 21:52:55

Well I did a cheapie strip today and there was a line there but well out of the testing time frame, so I think it was an evaporation line rather than a BFP.

I have a gynaecologist appointment in Thursday so I'm sure they'll do bloods while I'm there. That'll save some hassle. What about you?

LittleHeart2014 Mon 04-Apr-16 21:57:54

Prob Thu soonest. Part of me wants to wait a bit longer as while I tested +ve on opk for 26 March apparently I could've ovulated anytime in the 24-36 hours after. I'm quite new to the charting thing.

Good luck with your appt. Hope it goes well and what you had today was a faint +ve after all!

Frantasic Mon 04-Apr-16 22:19:19

Thank you. I'm not looking forward to that appointment at all. It's an urgent referral because I bleed heavily during sex around the time I was OVing. It only lasted minutes but it looked like we'd sacrificed a small animal. It scared the bejesus out of us both. They are gonna do an up close and personal with my my cervix and make sure it's nothing sinister. I'm sure it's not because I had a smear, hysteroscopy and uterine biopsy last year and they were all fine. Sorry if that's TMI. :0/

I will have my fx for you on Thursday.

LittleHeart2014 Tue 05-Apr-16 08:32:33

Gosh you're going through so much Fran. I hope it's all okay and good news at the appt. Fx for us both x

Lovewatchingrainfall Tue 05-Apr-16 08:54:46

Aww Fran you really are going through a lot i hope you get a BFP soon. Good Luck at your appointment.

I am currently 6 days post ov part of me thought it was more or hoped it was more. Had a cheeky nap yesterday afternoon as was so tired. I am full of a cold at the moment so don't think i will be that lucky this month.

I think i will be buying the first response test this month as i normally buy the clear blue tests but not heard wonderful reviews.

Good luck on Thursday if you test little

Frantasic Tue 05-Apr-16 12:11:55

Thanks guys. It's sounds worse than it is, it was an isolated incident. My GP did the referral because it was heavier than you'd expect from a bit of trauma during sex. I get the impression it's more of a precaution than anything.

Little, how are you feeling today? Any more symptoms?

Lovewatchingtherainfall I hope you the afternoon napping leads to more implantation symptoms.

Fx for us all x

LittleHeart2014 Tue 05-Apr-16 13:08:29

Oh I don't know about that Love. They say catching a cold can be a symptom! I'm reading too much about what to expect...I guess until AF arrives it's possible.

I ended up caving and doing a first response this morning. BFN. But after a bit of "research" I've decided to test 16dpo as I have a long cycle and have read that this can result in lower hcg levels than average. So, I've tested too early for the average person, I knew that of course! And potentially tested WAY too early for someone with a long cycle. I'm becoming desperate to find out though.

My OH also wants me to wait until he's back from a trip next Tue so let's see if I can hold out until then x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now