Talk

Advanced search

Anyone fall pregnant at 'wrong' time of the month and without the full deed being done?

(40 Posts)
TMIname3 Thu 31-Mar-16 21:40:37

Ok I feel like a teenager in Sex Education but I'm wondering if there's anyway I could be pregnant. DH and I are using condoms but well, on Sunday, we didn't use them the whole time but he pulled before ejaculation (put one on) then carried on. blush
It would be about 5 days before ovulation but I am very fertile. Both of my children were conceived on 1st attempt.
Anyway, today I felt a bit of a surge in my breasts similar to when you're breastfeeding. I also just had a hot bath and instinctively kept my tummy out of the water. My youngest is 15 months (we hadn't planned on having anymore, it's not been an easy ride)
With number 1 I started noticing changes to my body about 5 days after I think I conceived.
I'm shitting myself, the likelihood of me being pregnant is low right???????

RudeElf Thu 31-Mar-16 21:45:14

the likelihood of me being pregnant is low right

Not really, no!! Sorry- the timing is too close to rule it out.

scotsgirl64 Thu 31-Mar-16 21:50:10

Not impossible....sorry go to GP ask about morning after pill....one is still effective 5 days post coitus ...ellaOne....

BertieBotts Thu 31-Mar-16 21:50:27

It's not amazingly likely, DH and I have used condoms like that plus withdrawal for the last 5 years with no accidents and apparently that's a surprisingly common method of contraception among couples for whom pregnancy wouldn't be the end of the world. I mean it's definitely possible, but I don't think it's as likely as if you'd had full unprotected sex. The idea that pre-ejaculate contains sperm is only true in certain cases not all of the time.

You're probably imagining things! smile I'm constantly having phantom pregnancy symptoms.

BertieBotts Thu 31-Mar-16 21:51:25

It's not the wrong time of the month though. 5 days before ovulation is fertile time.

SallyDonovan Thu 31-Mar-16 21:56:01

5 days before ovulation isn't the wrong time of the month - it's very close to when you're most fertile. And sperm can live for up to 5 days.

TMIname3 Thu 31-Mar-16 21:56:18

Oh man, oh God.........ARGH! Will enquire about morning after but (and again I feel like a teenager) I did take it about 5 months ago which I think makes it less effective.
DH is not going to cope with this!! Guess it's a waiting game then.

stubbornstains Thu 31-Mar-16 21:57:56

DS1 is a product of the withdrawal method blush. Soz.

Flumplet Thu 31-Mar-16 21:59:15

The sperm can live inside of you for a good few days.

TMIname3 Thu 31-Mar-16 22:00:54

shock

Bertie I reckon you're right with phantom signs!!

ItsLikeRainOnYourWeddingDay Thu 31-Mar-16 22:02:37

If you know you are very fertile why would you have unprotected sex so close to ovulation?hmm do you want another baby- seems like it.

TMIname3 Thu 31-Mar-16 22:07:16

It'sLikeRain . Because I was a little tipsy, didn't think I was in the fertile period......and I'm a twat. I didn't want anymore children, however I would feel very blessed if I was pregnant (once I'd picked myself up off the floor) as I am more than aware of the struggle many people face to conceive!

BertieBotts Fri 01-Apr-16 12:27:39

I've never heard that taking the MAP close together makes it less effective.

In any case I think it would be too late.

I conceived DS on first attempt so being fertile is not necessarily a mark that withdrawal would not work! I think you will have to wait and see. And if you're not, get yourself on the pill pronto!

LidikaLikes Fri 01-Apr-16 15:42:45

OP, you and I must need our heads banged together. I'm like a teenager this month lurking on the Conception and Pregnancy threads.

I'm actually a 32 year old mother of 2 DC, who might be unexpectedly pregnant with DC3 due to being a bit careless with DH blush

My period is due on 6th April, and I CANNOT WAIT TO POAS and find out what the actual is happening! Keep feeling symptoms, and Googling baby items I could buy. Don't actually know if I'm pregnant, but I feel like I am, if that makes sense!

jobrum Fri 01-Apr-16 16:29:17

Hello, just wanted to add my name to the list of silly 'teenagers' worried that they might be pregnant! I had the same thing last month. After all the years of being super careful, since dd arrived I've twice been worried about pregnancy due to not paying enough attention to the time of the month blush.

Op, I would go to a pharmacy about the map, I'm sure one of them works a good few days after sex.

BertieBotts Fri 01-Apr-16 16:35:14

Lidika you could totally POAS now. Just saying grin

LidikaLikes Fri 01-Apr-16 16:44:09

Bertie I POAS yesterday, got BFN. But I just feel odd, boobs aching for days, nipples feel like they did when I was breastfeeding my others, tummy bloated... AF not official due until 6th April, but I might POAS every day AF or BFP arrive. >slaps self in face<

BertieBotts Fri 01-Apr-16 16:57:48

Oh, sorry! No no distract yourself... you could do one on the third and one on the sixth maybe?

Tomboyinatutu Fri 01-Apr-16 16:59:56

Not impossible. I am pregnant with dc3 and conceived without the full deed being done and we only did it once in the space of over a month.

LidikaLikes Fri 01-Apr-16 17:29:20

Bertie that is my plan. To test on 3rd and on 6th. Have 2 POAS's in bathroom waiting. Sometime I hear them calling me in the distance...

OP, sorry for my slight thread hijack. I should probably lock myself in my attic until the date comes to test.

TMIname3 Fri 01-Apr-16 19:49:02

Lidika! !!!! OMG! You really sound like you have pregnancy symptoms ! We are the same person, I'm the same age as you!! I haven't had any signs today but been very busy!

TMIname3 Fri 01-Apr-16 19:49:59

Tomboy. How are you feeling about it? Do u have any other children?

TMIname3 Fri 01-Apr-16 19:51:13

Eek jobrum, how old is your DD? When is AF due?

Inshock73 Sat 02-Apr-16 19:48:02

I too want to add my name to the list of silly teenagers..... I'm 43! DP and I bumped bits once, yep just once in a whole month and as we thought outside of that fertile window....I'm now 14 weeks pregnant! We have an 11 month old!

Hope everyone gets the result they want.

stubbornstains Sat 02-Apr-16 20:13:56

inshock!!

OMG!!!!!!

I remember you from the Old Birds thread, when we were all desperately trying to get pregnant and worried we were too old! Fist bump! thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now