Talk

Advanced search

Implantation bleed lasting a week?

(4 Posts)
ClaireF2013 Mon 28-Mar-16 20:47:59

Hello all,
Hubby and I are trying to conceive our second child. Our daughter was conceived near enough instantly-not just the first month, but the first time we tried for a baby...! I had a really non eventful pregnancy, too.
We have only just started TTC for no. 2, and as he works away, we only managed the "baby dance" once whilst I was in my fertile window (according to my app). That was on 17th March, and supposedly according to my app, I was due to ovulate 21st March. However, I started spotting 22nd March. It is possible that I ovulated early, because I had egg white cervical mucus on 16th and 17th March.
I am still spotting today, and it's concerning me, as I never had this with my daughter.
My periods are regular and I have a 35 day cycle, so I'm not due until April 7th. This feels NOTHING like a period- I had slight cramping before it started, but now it's totally painless and very light. I haven't had bleeding inbetween periods for years! I've not even been on the pill, so can't put it down to that.

Has anyone else ever experienced this and then been pregnant? I'm a nurse and I have all sorts of concerns-including ectopic! I have done a few tests and they are negative, but I know it is too early to test, anyway...!

Sorry to waffle...!

ClaireF2013 Tue 29-Mar-16 10:24:14

Anyone? sad

Loki17 Tue 29-Mar-16 10:32:22

Are you still having sex? It could be caused by that. I had a cervical ectropian that caused intermittent bleeding. It isn't anything to worry about but if you aren't pregnant it might be worth getting checked out.

ClaireF2013 Tue 29-Mar-16 11:22:41

Thankyou for your reply. No, we only had sex once this month (17th March) because my husband is away with work such a lot. We've both had flu, too, so it was pretty gentle...certainly nothing to make me bleed. It's stopped today, though? I did another test, still negative...but my period isn't due for another 9 days, so don't even know why I'm testing, really!! Such a worry. I guess I'm just going to have to wait and see!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now