Talk

Advanced search

I'm 33 and would like another child...

(6 Posts)
YourHandInMyHand Mon 28-Mar-16 16:16:30

I'm 33 and have an 11 yr old with autism, I was very poorly whilst pregnant with hyperemesis and then had a child who thought sleep was for the weak, an unsupporive partner, and PND so I never even considered a second and always felt a bit sad about it but have had a lovely 11 yrs of one to one with my son. smile

11 years on I now have a slighter sleepier child (yay) and a lovely partner and we have both said we might like a child together (he has no kids) after we've lived together for a bit.

I'm aware that as I'm 34 in September and we are planning to move in together soon (we've delayed living together purely because of logistics until now) that my biological clock is ticking. Should I be concerned? What do I need to bare in mind?

I'm also aware that due to some surgery I've had that I will need a Csection, so that will be all new to me too and won't be able to drive for a bit afterwards.

Anyone conceived with a big age gap between kids? How did you find it all?

JemimapuddleducK02 Mon 28-Mar-16 18:16:40

I had a 13 year age gap between my dd's. I had no problems at all with the older being 13. They are very close. I also had two emcs, both for different reasons. It wAs very helpful having an older child to help out!

HawkEyeTheNoo Mon 28-Mar-16 18:19:11

I'm 41 this year and I've been trying for 2.5 years and have a 12 yo DS

BloodyDogHairs Mon 28-Mar-16 18:26:02

I have a 17, 13, 3 and 2 year old. The 17yr old comes in handy for babysitting duties and 13 yr old is good at keeping the younger two amused if I'm hanging out the washing/cleaning the bathroom etc sitting on mn. I'm 36 and found the newborn stage/no sleep easier than when I had the older 2 and I was alot younger.

0phelia Mon 28-Mar-16 18:26:16

Age related, I'm 36 and just planning second DC so u r not over the hill!

My main age gap experience is that my dad was born 10 years after his brother, while his parents were both mid 40's. Dad and his brother actually have a close relationship despite age gap.

YourHandInMyHand Mon 28-Mar-16 20:21:50

Thanks for these replies. smile

My son has two half brothers (his dad's older two) and he loves them very much so I know a big age gap doesn't mean they wont be close. I'm thinking more of myself lol and going back to those sleepless nights and tiredness, but am hoping as I will have a supportive partner and a little helper that things will be easier.

I'm happily on the pill at the moment and wont come off it until we are both ready, but I'm also aware that like HawkEyeTheNoo it may not happen straight away so we need to bear that in mind (fingers crossed for a BFP soon HawkEye). smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now