Talk

Advanced search

miscarriage advice needed

(16 Posts)
Weddingbelle13 Mon 28-Mar-16 12:31:05

Hi all, I got my BFP on digital for 4-5 days last week then on Friday & sat they were not pregnant so I assume I have miscarriaged again, I have not pain or bleeding when should I expect the bleeding to start ? My last two miscarriaged I have started bleeding and had to attend EPU so ive not been in this position before , thanks in advance

Loki17 Mon 28-Mar-16 17:18:56

I think you need to speak to your doctor. My mc was missed - I finally started bleeding at 12 weeks, miscarried at 13 weeks but baby had died at 8 weeks. So it took a month for me to start bleeding. Being as early as you are, you might start bleeding quicker as I think that it will be counted as a chemical pregnancy I you are less than 6 weeks. I've just had a chemical. Positive test on Friday but BFN since. AF feels like she is imminent (due tomorrow but I ovulated early). I'm sorry for your loss. I know what you are going through. flowers

Writerwannabe83 Mon 28-Mar-16 18:20:15

Hi Wedding, I very recently had an early miscarriage. I got my BFP and continued to test every few days or so and about 10 days after my initial BFP I thought the lines were fainte so I tested every day after that and watched the lines get fainter each time and I knew what had happened. When I tested 14 days after my initial BFP I finally got the negative result I was expecting and then I miscarried the next day.

Weddingbelle13 Mon 28-Mar-16 21:10:42

Hi all , it's bloody hellish isn't it :-( im so fed up we have been ttc for 30 months now and this is my 3rd mc this time I was using progesterone pessaries too x

Weddingbelle13 Tue 29-Mar-16 12:41:16

Just spoke to the midwife at the EPU she said I have to test again in 1 week incase my levels lift again ? Anyone heard of this ?

Loki17 Tue 29-Mar-16 12:59:58

That's normal if you haven't started bleeding. They won't intervene until they have confirmed that you have had a loss.

Weddingbelle13 Tue 29-Mar-16 13:18:18

Do you think it's likely that I will need intervention of i was only 5.5 weeks?

Loki17 Tue 29-Mar-16 13:28:05

I don't know to be honest. It depends if you start to bleed naturally I think.

Weddingbelle13 Tue 29-Mar-16 13:56:50

Oh I just want this to be over so I can move on :-(

Loki17 Tue 29-Mar-16 14:10:56

I'm so sorry you are going through this flowers

Weddingbelle13 Tue 29-Mar-16 14:21:39

Thank you - I really appreciate that x

penelopepitstop28 Tue 29-Mar-16 16:01:05

Hi Wedding, just wanted to join Loki in offering flowers. It's such a horrible time, the waiting is so difficult. I had an early mc at about 5 weeks in January, knew for 4 days I was pregnant (after ttc for two years this was flaming amazing) and then the blood came.

When I first started spotting the advice my no nonsense GP gave to me is that there is nothing I could do about it and had to wait it out. I imagine this is the logic of the EPU, and that at this stage, if it is an MC it could happen naturally.

I'm so sorry though, I felt like I aged about ten years in the space of two weeks and it sounds to me that you have had a hugely difficult time of it with your journey. x

Writerwannabe83 Tue 29-Mar-16 17:23:58

When I visited my GP (the day after I had a BFN) she told me that she would give me a week for the actual miscarriage to take place and if it hadn't in that time frame then she would refer me to the hospital for possible intervention.

Weddingbelle13 Wed 30-Mar-16 00:13:15

Thank you for all your help and advice - now on the spectacular bleeding stage since about 9pm tonight I can't control it but hoping it settles down tomorrow x

penelopepitstop28 Wed 30-Mar-16 08:45:41

HI Wedding

How is it going today? I'm sorry to hear that it's gone onto spectacular bleeding and I hope you were able to sleep okay. I found that a hot water bottle and all the drugs helped as I was cramping big time. A total duvet few days and absolutely no expectations of myself at all. I hope that will be possible for you.

x

Weddingbelle13 Wed 30-Mar-16 12:40:43

It was quite bad overnight slightly better today just really paranoid about leaking as I've just come to work as normal , just smiling through and getting on with it x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now