Talk

Advanced search

anyone successfully conceived second after losing weight? ttc second for 2 years

(7 Posts)
Missushb Mon 28-Mar-16 10:17:25

And nothing. I'm a comfort eater and two stone heavier than I was when I got pregnant with ds who is now 4. Ttc for last two years and nothing. I've not spoke to my dr because I think obviously she will think it's my weight. Or should I actually speak to my gp? I'm 35.

JennyOnAPlate Mon 28-Mar-16 11:45:58

How overweight are you op?

I think if you have tried for 2 years with no success then you absolutely should see your GP.

Purplerain067 Mon 28-Mar-16 16:26:51

I went to my GP last week with this same problem, have been trying a year now, DD is 4 and we're so ready for another baby now.

I am very overweight tho, and have been offered weight loss surgery.

How overweight are you?

Missushb Mon 28-Mar-16 16:42:47

I'm two and a half stone over the normal weight range for my height. 12 stone 7 and 5ft 4. Two stone heavier then when I had my son. Spoke to my DH today and we're both going to see the doctor. At first I wasn't overly concerned because we probably weren't having enough sex, work and too tired etc. But we have made more of an effort the last few months and still nothing. I had a section with ds and have a paranoid fear something went wrong then. I'm just worried that I will go to the doctor and she'll say it's my weight! But then I think of the overweight woman at work who have fell pregnant and think well they managed it!

JennyOnAPlate Mon 28-Mar-16 17:13:58

I don't think the doctor will say it's because of your weight. I was about 3 stone over weight when I conceived dd1 and 5 stone over weight with dd2. There are people much heavier than you having babies.

Purplerain067 Tue 29-Mar-16 13:43:40

I don't think it will be because of your weight either. Two and a half stone isn't a huge amount, ten stone however is.

magpie17 Tue 29-Mar-16 14:17:29

It's probably not your weight. Two and a half stone isn't that much really and I know much more overweight people with babies. It's worth getting checked out and even if they suggest losing weight, well it can't hurt and you know you need to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now