so confused and a little bit sad

(6 Posts)
samk15 Sun 27-Mar-16 20:31:48

Hey,

I just wanted to vent and ask a question really as nobody at home understands the mental anguish I am feeling atm.

After 2 consecutive mmc last year my boyfriend and I have started to ttc again. AF isn't due until Thursday. However since last Wednesday I have felt so nauseous all day and night, plus feel super emotional! And I've had some cramping. I have done about a million tests ranging from cheapy ones to First Response- all negative. With both the pregnancies last year I tested early and got BFP very quickly.

I'm just really confused about feeling so sick ( which I had with the 2nd preg before the miscarriage) is my body just playing a cruel trick on me? I know that pregnancy can't be discounted until AF arrives but why would the tests be negative if I was preggers- particularly given the fact that I got positive results so early last time?

Has anyone had experiences of this?

Thank you. Xx

Loki17 Sun 27-Mar-16 21:08:51

I get impending af related nausea. I also get sore boobs that last from a couple of days after ovulation it seems. I had a mmc and finally mcd on the 9th of January. I'm guessing it's all to do with that. I hate ttc. It's all so much harder after mc too. Unmumsnetty hugs for you. I completely get how you are feeling.flowers

samk15 Sun 27-Mar-16 21:25:15

I've never had nausea before AF, didn't know you could but at least it's an explanation. We've only started trying again this month but when you want something so badly it's hard isn't it. I had it all in my head what was going to happen! Sending hugs right back to you.

samk15 Sun 27-Mar-16 21:27:51

I'm sorry you suffered a mmc too. It's really is one of most heartbreaking things to have to go through. Xx

FuzzyOwl Sun 27-Mar-16 21:40:30

Sorry for your losses. I have had a mmc and it was devastating.

A few months ago I had nausea before AF was due and was convinced that I as pregnant but my period arrived on the day it was due and all my tests were negative. Someone at the time advised me that certain conception/pre-pregnancy multi vitamins have a tendancy to cause nausea and it certainly seemed to be the case for me, as it never happened when I just took folic acid. I only mention it in case it could be something similar for you, or maybe even a nasty bug that is doing the rounds. Otherwise, as Loki says, it could just be a month that you are being succeptible to pre-AF nausea and because it doesn't usually happen, it is cruelly getting your hopes up.

I really hope that the reason you feel sick is because you are pregnant and the tests just aren't showing it yet. If not, I hope it isn't much longer for you.

samk15 Sun 27-Mar-16 21:52:11

Thank you FuzzyOwl.

I am beginning to realise that it's not going to happen this month. The anguish is almost a physical pain. I know I'm not the only one going through this but I don't know what to do with the grief and frustration. I hope we all get our happy endings very soon xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now