Talk

Advanced search

Mirena out...how long did you wait for AF to return?

(3 Posts)
Jod1985 Sun 27-Mar-16 15:06:48

I got my Mirena out after 3 years of having it on Wednesday. I imagined (wrongly) that I would get AF straight away. I had light pink spotting (only when I wipe) on Friday and yesterday in the morning but it really was nothing to write home about. We aren't being careful so I guess I could fall PG before I get AF. Just wondering what happened to others? Did you get a period afterwards? How long til you got one? Did your cycles return to normal? Did anyone get PG before getting their period?
Thanks!

Writerwannabe83 Mon 28-Mar-16 08:23:14

With my first Mirena I still had periods whilst it was in. Upon having it removed I had a slight withdrawal bleed for about 2 days (very light) and then my actual period arrived about two weeks later, maybe 1-2 days after it was due.

With my second Mirena my bleeding was all over the place for about 7 months and then it all stopped and I had no bleeding whatsoever. Three months after having had no bleeding I had it removed, spotted for a few days and then conceived about 3 weeks later so I didn't have a 'real' period following removal that time round.

Jod1985 Mon 28-Mar-16 16:26:42

That's promising winterwannabe! I have been reading a lot about people taking years to TTC. I feel something is happening at the minute as cramping a lot but with me cramping is an early symptom of PG as well and I also cramp during ovulation. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now