Talk

Advanced search

Shingles and TTC.. any advice from HCPs or mums to be

(2 Posts)
Penguinpattering Sat 26-Mar-16 16:26:57

Hello,

I was diagnosed a week ago with a mild case of shingles (three small patches on my chest) after a very stressful month following a miscarriage. It was the 1st day of my first cycle following the loss. I am just about to finish my antiviral meds called aciclovir and most of the rash is now scabbing so my ovulation day would be about a week post finishing the medication and rash clearing up. (Just scarring and red marks which apparently can last for a while).

The nurse was so lovely however in the upset of being diagnosed I didn't ask how long I need to wait before ttc again. Has anyone had any experience of shingles whilst ttc or early pregnancy. I just want to start ttc after my loss but would not want anything to harm a potential pregnancy.

Thank you.

MrsJoJo Sun 27-Mar-16 02:00:06

Fx for you. I had shingles at 38 weeks - doesn't appear to have harmed my strapping 8 year old who, incidentally has never had chickenpox! Best ask your GP though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now