Talk

Advanced search

positive or evaporation line

(11 Posts)
RaisinGirls Fri 25-Mar-16 09:42:06

I took a pregnancy test this morning and thought it was negative. I've just looked at it again a few hours later and there is a faint line. Would this be a positive or an evaporation line? This is a sainsburys own brand one and there needs to be across in the left window. It's the vertical line that I am wondering about. Any ideas? I'm thinking it's an evaporation.

Bambooshoots14 Fri 25-Mar-16 09:43:27

Hard to tell. How long after taking it did you check it the first time?

SaveSomeSpendSome Fri 25-Mar-16 09:46:16

That looks a positive to me but i know the reading you see after 15 mins is not accurate

RaisinGirls Fri 25-Mar-16 09:53:22

It's a good few hours after I took the test, at least 3. No other tests to use and out for the day with family so can't get another one until tomorrow now.

It's skinny line which is why I thought evaporation but it's not a grey colour which is what I thought evaporation lines are.

Wanderlust1 Fri 25-Mar-16 11:44:09

that's a definite positive to me.... try again tomorrow

thumb3lina Fri 25-Mar-16 11:51:12

Try again with another test when you can (preferably a red dye test). Blue dye tests are more likely to give evaporation lines.

BertieBotts Fri 25-Mar-16 11:57:27

It's off centre so I think evaporation.

RaisinGirls Sat 26-Mar-16 09:05:43

Did a digital test this morning and it came up negative, so this was an evaporation line.

TheEdgeIsNigh Sat 26-Mar-16 20:46:02

Digi tests are renowned for being a bit rubbish if you're early on. Try a first response test, they're really sensitive. Good luck x

RaisinGirls Sun 27-Mar-16 15:00:34

Definitely a negative as started period today. Oh well, was really hoping it was a positive as starting ivf this week now.

zoomtothespoon Sun 27-Mar-16 15:25:26

If that's a sainsburys test they are notorious for giving evaporation lines! I'm sorry OP!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now