Talk

Advanced search

Tracking BBT - any veterans out there?

(8 Posts)
wispaxmas Fri 25-Mar-16 06:37:19

Let me start by saying we aren't TTC yet and I'm actually just charting because I'm getting a handle on which day I'm really ovulating in my 28/29 day cycle. This is my 2nd cycle temping (my first cycle was back in 2013 and I fell pregnant with my DD and had a completely textbook cycle with really even temps!) and already I think I've discovered that I ovulate a day later than thought and have a 13 day LP..

Anyways, my question is in regard to LP temps. As we aren't trying I mainly wanted to keep an eye on O, but now in the middle of my LP my temp has dipped well below cover line. Does that mean anything? Or just a blip? If I was TTC this cycle I would be thinking implantation dip, but there is absolutely no chance of pregnancy as DH was away for the whole fertile window. Is it nothing?

Happy for this thread to become a help thread for anyone charting or wanting to chart, btw. I'm finding it really interesting.

Sunnydays321 Fri 25-Mar-16 06:57:52

Hi, there is an interesting study about implantation dips on ff. it won't let me copy and paste so Iv screen shot it. Basically of all the pregnancy charts studied only 23% showed an implantation dip... So it's more likely not to see a dip even if you are pregnant.

And 11% of then pregnancy charts DID have an implantation dip even though they weren't pregnant. So to sum up... It can be a sign but isn't always, and you can be pregnant without dip. Haha. There is an interesting article about what causes the dip. But I think they basically say it's the trend rather than individual temps that matter.

Iv been temping for about 5 months now. Long irregular cycles so it's been reassuring to confirm that I am ovulating, but Iv also picked up a short LP, 7-10 days. Here's my chart, temps still up but boobs and nipples less sore today, so think my progesterone is dropping and think af is coming tomorrow.

Will be nice to have somewhere to ask temp questions X

Sunnydays321 Fri 25-Mar-16 06:59:33

Sorry 2nd bit was supposed to say 11% of NON pregnancy charts had implantation dip.

wispaxmas Fri 25-Mar-16 09:54:24

Thanks for those screenshots, sunny!

Yeah, I've heard of implantation dips, but I definitely didn't have one in my only other chart, this one:

Sunnydays321 Fri 25-Mar-16 16:52:17

Ah wispa your pregnancy chart has such lovely stable temps! Not like my crazy, rocky pcos chart! I'm being nosy but are you using contraception? You never know, you might have caught already. But like it says above 11%will get something that looks like an implantation dip even though not pregnant. It could be something simple like mouth breathing, or sleeping with covers off or window open or something. Be interesting to see what the rest of the cycle brings x

wispaxmas Fri 25-Mar-16 19:42:24

I know, my current cycle is nowhere near as stable!

I have noticed my temps seem much lower than I've seen on other charts, my cover line has been below 36 both times! Wonder what that's all about..

wispaxmas Fri 25-Mar-16 19:43:15

I'm not using contraception, no. Haven't been on hormonal contraception for over a decade now!

wispaxmas Fri 25-Mar-16 19:44:37

Argh, I forgot to say there's no way I could be pregnant. We're avoiding the fertile week until my May cycle as that's when we've decided to start TTC again - I'm just charting to check on my cycle after basically ignoring it since it came back after DD.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now