We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ectopic/PUL

(4 Posts)
AllyBali123 Wed 23-Mar-16 09:15:32

Hi, I'm writing this post as a wee bit of therapy to myself and also in hope it may be of use to someone else.

After almost a year of ttc baby number 2 I fell pregnant in February. From the go everything was different, firstly I had implantation bleeding about 5-6 before my period was due, the first week of pregnancy was ok but looking bad I knew myself that I wasn't getting the same symptoms that I had with my first pregnancy.

At 5 weeks I began very light spotting which stopped and started. My early pregnancy unit informed me at this stage there was nothing they could do and to wait till six weeks for a scan. By six weeks (3rd March) I had full on heavy bleeding and knew myself that I was miscarrying. At the scan they could see no sign of pregnancy and stated it was likely a very early miscarriage. Over the next few days the bleeding was heavy and I passed tissue and what looked like the sack.

Over the next week I had to go back and forth to hosp to get my hcg levels checked which unfortunately began to rise but not at the level of a normal pregnancy. I was booked in for another scan but the day before this I had horrendous stomach pain and almost collapsed.

I was admitted into hospital and had further scans and tests. Again they could not see a pregnancy (although there were some areas of fluid outside the uterus which they said could be it) I was therefore diagnosed with a pregnancy of unknown location.

They told me that there is a pregnancy somewhere, either in my tubes or somewhere else (just not in my uterus) but that it is likely too small to be seen on a scan.

My options were:

(1) do nothing and see if it sorts itself naturally, although not recommended due to my horrendous pains and heavy bleeding.

(2) Have surgery to see if they can detect the pregnancy in a tube and remove the tube.

(3) Have a drug names methotrexate which will "end" the pregnancy.

I received the methotrexate a week ago and thankfully have been told it is working. The downside is I have to wait three months before ttc again. The pains are almost gone and I am now just dealing with the side effects of methotrexate which are quite bad cramping, sickness and tiredness.

It has been a long process and I am happy to be nearing the end of it all. I hope that my tube isn't damaged and that I don't need to go through this all again (which they did say is a possibility when not removing a tube).

Anyway I hope this post can be of use to anyone going through anything similar. Xxx

Chocolatteaddict1 Wed 23-Mar-16 10:26:15

That's really tough. I hope your getting ok flowers

I've had two ruptured eptopics so at least they knew what was going on but in your case it must have been very hard to actually take the methotrexate to end the pregnancy.

AllyBali123 Wed 23-Mar-16 11:20:55

Thanks yeah it isn't a very nice thing to do but I know it wasn't were it was meant to be and that I need to be healthy for my little girl and for the chance of having anymore. I will still never forget the little life that it could have beenthankshalo

Aw I'm so sorry to hear that choc, I can't imagine going through all this again. thanks

Jod1985 Wed 23-Mar-16 13:22:22

So sorry to read this. Gentle hugs. Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now