Advanced search

Advice please! Day 5/7 Blood test LH/FSH

(5 Posts)
Modestandatinybitsexy Mon 21-Mar-16 12:37:25

Stats:
TTC #1
Cycle over 24
Age 27

I need to book in for a blood test but I'm confused about which day to choose.
My cycle comes to an end really slowly. Would you only call it finished if there's no more spotting or does spotting not count?

If it does count then I can only book in for day 7 on Monday. Days 5&6 are over the weekend. If spotting doesn't count then day 5 is Wednesday. I'd like to get the timing of this one right as I have a long cycle and I'm not sure the 21 day test will be accurate.

Has anyone been through this, what can I expect to happen afterwards?!

justtheonethen Mon 21-Mar-16 19:52:21

Your cycle actually starts on the first day of your period. So first day you bleed is day one. This blood test can be done any day between day 2-5.

Hope that helps

justtheonethen Mon 21-Mar-16 19:53:37

Also 21 day test shouldn't be done on day 21 really, it's done 7 days after you ovulate. So if you're not tracking by ovulation tests or temping I would start as the test is pointless unless it's 7 days after ovulation.

Modestandatinybitsexy Thu 24-Mar-16 11:12:12

Thanks for the reply! So helpful, the doctor didn't mention either of those things.

I've been tracking ovulation with opk's but no luck so far. I've had the 21 day test done twice so far with mixed results. This time I have to get everything done within the same three months so I can take this further.

justtheonethen Thu 24-Mar-16 15:49:07

Good luck. Any questions just ask!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now