Talk

Advanced search

Christmas baby

(14 Posts)
Iloveterriers Sun 20-Mar-16 20:37:50

Is anyone else not trying to conceive this month as they don't want an xmas baby or is it just me?
My birthday is around Christmas and I hate it. Everyone forgets it and no one is ever free to celebrate it. I know you can't plan these things completely but we are delaying ttc to try our best to avoid it.

MegGriffin1 Sun 20-Mar-16 23:00:18

We've been ttc for six months so were at the stage where we just want it go happen despite the birth month x

AskPrayHope Sun 20-Mar-16 23:19:54

Yes, I was thinking the exact same meg, it would just be nice for it to happen - no matter when.

Ghostonthedancefloor Sun 20-Mar-16 23:30:49

Quite the opposite. I'd love an Xmas baby!

Songsandstitches Mon 21-Mar-16 06:44:37

My head says that a Christmas baby would not be ideal. My biggest initial concern would be the lack of hospital staff working at Christmas, purely for safety reasons. However, my heart tells me that I just want another baby, and a sibling for my lovely dd so whenever he / she arrives- I'd be delighted xx

BertieBotts Mon 21-Mar-16 10:51:46

Ha! I've just literally gone on a calculator and worked out if it happened this month it wouldn't be great in terms of dates.

It does make me want to hold off. OTOH I know it's fairly unlikely to happen the first month anyway, so...

Penguinepenguins Mon 21-Mar-16 11:00:57

After a MC in November and TTC ever since I had my BFP yesterday and according to calculator baby will be here around 3rd December.. I do kinda understand as I'm a November baby myself, but it's not too bad smile nobody is allowed to discuss Christmas until after my birthday this little one will recieve the same for theirs smile

I'm just happy it's finally happened and praying it sticks X never occurred to me not to try this month but it was always going to be near the beginning of the month for me smile

AyOhRiver Mon 21-Mar-16 11:56:14

DD was due on 6th Feb. She had other ideas and came on Christmas Eve! I'm currently pregnant with number 2, due in October and am worrying about having an August baby. You just don't know what's going to happen, so go for it, I say.

TessWess Mon 21-Mar-16 12:31:57

If I receive the illusive BFP this month, I will be due 7th Devember... Really hope we're successful, as I would actually prefer early December to early January! My birthday actually falls on what is apparently the most depressing day of the year (18th Jan)!! People do tend to be in a post Crimbo low! I think it would be nicer to have a birthday in the run up and anticipation of Christmas... Lots of nice Christmassy events or shows to go to, everybody in good spirits, schools getting prepared to finish up for the Christmas break.
River also makes a very good point about the date moving anyway. You could try for January and end up with end of December?
In all honesty after an early mc last month, I will be thrilled with whatever month it actually happens, but I can totally understand why you would want to plan for the perfect timing smile If I could pick any month I would say April or May, but no way could I intentionally wait that long to time for that, I'm way too impatient!! xx

Shesinfashion Mon 21-Mar-16 14:26:57

I would have preferred a December baby over an August one. Poor DD2 is the youngest in the whole year (August 29th) and really struggles academically and socially. She has ASD as well. Her due date was 10th September. You really can't plan these things precisely. My eldest is a January baby too soon after Xmas. Everyone is skint after Xmas and the weather is grim.
Just keep TTC and don't stress about birthdays.

piraterach Mon 21-Mar-16 15:24:29

Thank goodness I thought I was the only one trying to hold off ttc for this month.

FIL was born on Christmas Day and won't let any forget just how rubbish it is (I feel for him but after 40 odd years you'd think he'd be used to it by now confused)

I'm really impatient and want to ttc straight away but am using all my willpower to hold off one more month.

Loki17 Mon 21-Mar-16 18:02:30

After a mmc at 13 weeks I will just be grateful for a healthy baby. I understand why you might choose to wait, but I know how hard it is to convieve and then keep a baby. I just hope I'm lucky. I don't care when.

underrugsswept Mon 21-Mar-16 19:24:14

December would be the last month I'd choose for my baby's birthday but I don't want to waste an opportunity so we're going for it anyway!

everdene Mon 21-Mar-16 22:31:55

I have a Christmas birthday and always loved it - still do - my birthday is felt magical as a kid. I love opening a load of pressies then having loads more the next day, plus I just have a big pre-Xmas get together as friends are home.

Whenever the BFP comes I'll be happy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now