Conception

(6 Posts)
Sheena88 Wed 09-Mar-16 19:41:29

Hey ladies smile my question is how soon after conception would a test be positive? My af seems to be all over the place at the min don't know what's going on lol I feel pregnant and I'm late although test is coming back negative. Friday coming is 3 weeks since I last had unprotected is it too soon to test? based on my Dec-jan period I would have ovulated around the time I had sex although I can't be sure as it's been messed up for a few months 🙈 Thanks in advance xx

LuckyinOctober Wed 09-Mar-16 19:49:57

Hi Sheena, everyone's different but the norm would be getting a reliable result 14 days after ovulation, although some people's bodies might take longer to produce enough HCG in urine to turn an HPT positive. If in doubt, you could ask your GP for a blood test as that's more sensitive to the pregnancy hormone in early stages?

Sheena88 Wed 09-Mar-16 19:59:00

Thanks luckyinoctober I read somewhere that 3 weeks after sex was when you done the test if af was unpredictable lol but done a test on Monday it was negative. I done first response last week and swore there was a second line tho lol if af isn't here by Friday I will do another first response. Everything is so confusing sometimes lol I will get a blood test next week regardless as I would love to know why af is being a wee bitch and not playing ball haha 😂 Xx

Sheena88 Wed 09-Mar-16 20:02:34

This was last weeks frer think my eyes are playing tricks 😂

Patapouf Thu 10-Mar-16 17:45:22

Can't see a second line in that pic I'm afraid OP. Test again in a couple of days!

Sheena88 Thu 10-Mar-16 21:18:52

What does op mean sorry lol? I done another test today and not pregnant xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now