One Step tests from Amazon

(16 Posts)
Percephone Sun 06-Mar-16 21:15:58

Anyone else using these? I am due today but tested negative and no sign of my period showing up. Just looked at Amazon reviews and loads of people are saying they're crap and give false negatives?? I bought mine on 1st Feb so could be a dodgy batch...

Junosmum Sun 06-Mar-16 23:10:53

There's no such thing as a false negative, just that there is insufficient hcg to be detected by the test. That may be because the test is rubbish and needs really high levels (such as clear blue) or because the urine is too dilute.

I used them and got a very faint positive the day my period was due.

Bellini239 Mon 07-Mar-16 08:39:26

Oh hello, yes I use them actually and am a very big fan of them, extremely accurate and great value for money! I even sometimes cross check them with my clearblue tests just to double check they're accurate is that crazy???

underrugsswept Mon 07-Mar-16 09:12:09

I use one step tests and they've been fine so far - OPKs seem to pick my ovulation at least. I think they picked up a chemical this month but I'm yet so see a beautiful dark BFP.

Percephone Mon 07-Mar-16 10:27:17

I would call that a false negative Juno, if the test is supposed to work at 10mIU and it doesn't...

H0p3 Mon 07-Mar-16 12:49:32

Hi Percephone I've been using these and got negatives. Used this morning at 10DPO and got a negative but pretty certain my body was feeling weird so used FRER and a Superdrug and got positives on both of those. Very clear positive on Superdrug which tests at 10miu and a faint one on the FRER. Use another test in my opinion as these are not great. And mine say 10miu on the back but didn't pick anything up today. My superdrug one is attached - quite clearly BFP (at this point anyway)!

Percephone Mon 07-Mar-16 18:21:09

Congratulations H0p3! I think maybe these tests are not as sensitive as they claim to be. I used them last time I was pregnant and had no problem though. Anyway I went to Morrisons in search of a different test but they only had Clearblue, which I think tests at 25mIU? It was negative but still no AF.

beansonbread Mon 07-Mar-16 19:42:21

I'm starting to doubt the accuracy of them - or at least clinging on to the hope that when I test with a different brand tomorrow that the different brand will be positive. I'm on CD 41 and about 18 DPO with no signs of AF. I've used One Step every day (sometimes multiple times) but always just BFN. I'm crossing my fingers I have a defective batch of One Steps and that despite multiple BFNs that tomorrow with a different brand I'll get a BFP!

beansonbread Mon 07-Mar-16 19:43:04

Just for the record - I normally have a 34/35 day cycle!

Percephone Tue 08-Mar-16 21:26:57

Same here, usually bang on 28 days but now 3 days late. I'm tempted to get a FRER tomorrow but I should probably wait until the weekend and use the Clearblue I already have!

I bought some of the sensitive one steps and they aren't at all sensitive. Took til 14 dpo to test positive with them but supposedly less sensitive tests picked it up at 12dpo.

NotWithoutMyMerkin Tue 08-Mar-16 22:02:58

Used these for years. They've changed since my last pregnancy (3 years ago) and they're not as sensitive as they used to be.
Using the same urine in this pregnancy (testing in Jan) I got negatives on these when a frer was showing a line and a sainsburys early response was showing a dark line. Tested daily with these alongside other tests and didn't get a clearly visible positive result until about 18dpo

Percephone Tue 08-Mar-16 22:22:34

I think you're right NotWithoutMyMerkin. I used these 3 years ago with my first pregnancy and I remember having a clear line 4 days before AF was due. Even more tempted to get the FRER now!

LlamaLover Wed 09-Mar-16 07:55:31

I've also used for my last pregnancy 3 years ago and worked well. Still showing negative today with first morning urine with Amazon one when FRER was positive yesterday afternoon. It's frustrating. I'd urge people to try another brand if they feel they are getting false negatives with this one.

KateMossIsMyQueen Wed 09-Mar-16 08:14:16

I didn't get a clear positive on the Amazon tests until I was nearly 5 weeks, I only got a positive on a clear blue one.

Oysterbabe Wed 09-Mar-16 08:23:18

I got a positive on these at 15dpo, first time I tested so don't know if it would have showed earlier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now