Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else starting to TTC in the next month?

(44 Posts)
mammabear31 Fri 04-Mar-16 08:59:11

Morning smile

Mirena is coming out in 2 weeks time, and we will be TTC DC2 pretty much straight after. Anyone else in the same/similar boat and want to chat?

DippyHippy2016 Mon 14-Mar-16 20:39:59

Read your post and didn't want to pass by and not say hi and good luck!

Guess you're getting mirena out this week! Excited?

Slightly different as we're ttc dc3 straight after dp had the snip but the hoping and waiting is all the same, eh?

nataliefruit Mon 14-Mar-16 20:50:45

My DH and I are hoping to ttc at the end of April / early May after a long awaited holiday. Using the time to try (unsuccessfully) to lose some weight & to get into the routine of taking a supplement.

Will it take any time to 'get back to normal' after having the coil removed? I came off the pill after about 15 years on it so just waiting to see what my cycles are like now.

Good luck everyone!

DippyHippy2016 Mon 14-Mar-16 21:44:17

Not long to go before you start, Natalie! Relaxing on holiday will be a great start to ttc. I've heard dropping a few pounds helps but I love cake. I did the Jillian Michaels 30day shred and would recommend. Though not for those already pregnant.

I pop my supplements next to my oats for breakfast so they're there ready to take first thing, then it's done.

I've no experience with the coil but my first pregnancy happened whilst I was on Microgynon, so I think it can happen any time but getting your body ready (by doing all the things you're planning on doing) and letting it settle for a cycle or two is preferable.

mammabear31 Tue 15-Mar-16 10:55:56

Oooh exciting I've had replies! I'd almost given up on this thread smile

Coil being removed Thursday morning. I am incredibly nervous about the procedure and what it means once it's actually been removed - I think the whole thing is just overwhelming me at the moment. DS1 is a total joy, but he is also nearly 3 and pushing every single boundary he can. Why do we do these things to ourselves!

Dippy has your DH had his snip reversed?

Natalie where are you off to? Somewhere hot and sunny far away I hope smile

DippyHippy2016 Tue 15-Mar-16 11:25:51

Eeek! Has anyone you know had theirs removed and can allay your fears? Our eldest is 3. I completely understand wink

I second the hot and sunny bit!

No, he's not had it reversed but he's only just had it done so we have a small window where there are still swimmers in his tubes.

There are options for us if going at it like rabbits doesn't work. Pricey though.

I'm a bit shocked he was allowed to have the snip really. He's just under 30 and didn't have to go to any counselling. Just had a letter for appointment after a chat to his GP.

POAS too early and got a BFN. Obviously. I feeeeel pregnant but AF may just be being a bitch this month.

Sophilicious Tue 15-Mar-16 17:24:37

Me! I took my last pill this morning, so planning to start trying this month. Eeek! If all goes to plan, will be my 4th and my partners first, so feeling quite excited.

DippyHippy2016 Tue 15-Mar-16 18:11:07

Wishing you the best of luck Soph Doing anything to prepare for ttc or doing things the old fashioned way. I only ask because I have been hearing about all sorts like preseed, gender swaying and funny diets.

We've had our two without doing anything out of the ordinary but with the nuisance of a time limit I'm open to suggestions to help us get a BFP sooner.

physicskate Tue 15-Mar-16 19:18:09

April 1st is our start date. I had my copper coil out in November, and strangely, since then my cycles have gone a bit haywire! Weird, considering no hormones involved in that. My husband has been the one not quite ready, but I've been going a bit crazy! Temping and all sorts!

Getting the coil out was SOOOO much better than getting it in! About 5 seconds of slight ouch. Good luck Thursday!

Sophilicious Tue 15-Mar-16 19:21:00

Thanks dippy no not yet. If it hasn't happened in two or three months, will have to look into it, as I'm 34 now, obviously not sure if DP is in working order (haha), and also my oldest DD is 10 this year. I wouldn't want to be much older with a baby and the gap is big enough as it is for me.

What will you try?

nataliefruit Tue 15-Mar-16 20:08:32

What the heck is gender swaying?! Welcome Soph & best of luck (to everyone as well).

I am going far away but not always sunny - we're going to Tokyo. So so excited because we've been dying to go for years & it's taken ages to save up. Should be a good laugh & nice to do it before having a little one grin

Hope it all goes well on Thursday mammabear. I didn't realise that after men get their tubes tied they're still fertile for a while - good to know!

DippyHippy2016 Tue 15-Mar-16 21:05:17

Kate you must be joking grin Have you been able to track your cycle at all? And don't worry about hubby. In general, I think most men think they're not ready. Luckily for them we know better wink

Soph well, you are in good working order, so that's a good plan to get DP checked out after trying for a little. Between myself and my youngest brother there is 14 years. Love him to bits. It'd be great if you got pregnant quickly but don't stress if it takes longer than you'd like. You'll all be a big loving family and ages don't make much difference when they've grown up.

There's reversal or IVF, really. We've been so fortunate up until now to get pregnant so easily. Our reasons for DP having the snip all made logical sense at the time but apparently that's all flown out the window now.

I feel very selfish. Me wanting another child is no reflection on he wonderful kids we already have. They're so bloody awesome. Little rascals in their own rights but why not fill our home with more love and awesomeness if we can?

Natalie I'm not jealous at all envy How long are you off for? Enjoy it! Hopefully it'll be the last holiday you get to enjoy alone together for a while!

physicskate Tue 15-Mar-16 21:28:52

I've been taking temps for nearly a month. I caught my ovulation last cycle, but it showed a very short luteal phase... wonder how it all might pan out?? I have had a really really stressful time at work so wonder if those could be related. Also my periods have been crazy light - both things associated with low progesterone (thanks doctor google!). Will be good evidence if we need to go down some other road at some point in the next year or so!

DippyHippy2016 Wed 16-Mar-16 09:05:23

Kate some people use She Oak to help with distress when ttc. Sure there will be threads on here about people's experience with the drops.

Oh and Natalie gender swaying is attempting to increase your chances of one gender or another. I've been told (in front of my sons) that I'll try and have a girl by complete strangers and super helpful family members. I fiercely defend my boys. Personally, I wouldn't try for a third child (or any number) hoping for one sex over another. We had an amazing first parents evening with DS1 last night and so am feeling even luckier than usual.

Sophilicious Mon 21-Mar-16 12:37:12

Have you had your coil out yet mammabear? Hope it went ok.

I'm on day three of my cycle now, with no idea when I will ovulate! Previously when I haven't taken any contraceptive, my cycle has been up to 35-37 days, but don't know if it will be different this time around 🤔

Kraggle Mon 21-Mar-16 12:41:23

Can I join in? My implants coming out on the 8th April after just shy of 3 years. DD is 3 at the end of this month and getting her free nursery hours so its time to start trying again! Scary thought as she still doesn't sleep through but shes not bad. Not sure how I will cope with the baby days again, they are a distant memory currently.

Good luck to everyone else.

Sophilicious Mon 21-Mar-16 19:19:27

Hi kraggle I had my second when my first was still not sleeping through, 22 month gap. If I had waited til she did, I would have waited 6 years!!
Good luck to you too, feeling excited.

DippyHippy2016 Mon 21-Mar-16 21:32:54

MamaBear second Soph in hoping that it went well!

Hello Kraggle our gap between the boys is just over 2 years. Just remember that the baby days are short. When pregnant with DS2 I was told two children are more than double the work but having done everything before I found the pregnancy went by quicker but enjoyed the newborn time more because I wasn't worrying about him reaching milestones if that makes sense?

AF reared her ugly head over the weekend. Though chances were slim of conceiving in the first place, now it's looking even more unlikely sad

nataliefruit Mon 21-Mar-16 22:07:22

Hi all, just catching up on the posts. Now you've explained it gender swaying makes total sense! Tho I agree with you that if you go into it wanting one particular gender people could be setting themselves up for disappointment.

As for me, AF arrived on day 32 so really good for first natural cycle in a long time! And after taking a pre pregnancy supplement the size of horse tranquilizers & nearly barfing them up every time I've switched to seven seas and having no sickness at all which is a relief. DH has said we can try for a Christmas baby as well which is so exciting because that means we can start TTC this month which is such a scary thing when I've been spending years making sure I don't get pregnant! What does everyone think about having a birthday around Christmas time? I'd love it but I'm a total Christmas nut! grin

Hope everyone is well

DippyHippy2016 Mon 21-Mar-16 22:34:33

Natalie DS2 is end of November baby. I love Christmas and find it hard to curb the festivities until after his birthday 😂 that's great news that you're starting so soon! Reassuring first cycle and thankfully you've found a supplement that doesn't make you nauseous! Best of luck 🍀

Mammabear31 Mon 28-Mar-16 20:34:34

Hi guys. Thanks for all those that were asking! Coil removal went well once she found it; have had a lot of spitting/bleeding in the 10 days post removal though so have only managed to TTC once. Am hoping it will be over soon so we can get on with it!

How's everyone else getting on?

physicskate Mon 28-Mar-16 20:52:01

I'm out this month. Have had a fever during the last few days so bbt tracking is a bust, my parents visited and I went away. Sometime in that space of time I O'd... and no chance to um, do the deed? Next month!

ZoeNotAMumYet Sat 02-Apr-16 00:16:27

Can I join? Will be ttc #1 next year but getting ready to try if that makes sense. Stopped pill a while ago and just using condoms now. Glad removal is over and done with mamma bear!

BarbieMummy Sun 03-Apr-16 21:25:06

Hello! I am! I came off the femodette (mini-pill) last Tuesday and AF arrived Thursday, looks like it's clearing up now so we're going to start TTC! I have dd1 and a m/c last year so we're super excited now and just want a bfp! Even though we know it's highly unlikely to get it on the first month off the pill, we're still going to give it a go! Baby dust to you all smile

tobermory29 Sun 03-Apr-16 21:30:11

Hello everyone, can I join too? Starting ttc this month and very excited about it. Feeling very apprehensive as we are both in our forties with adult families so not sure it will even work, and even if it does, will it stick! So many worries and it's not even happened yet! blush

Good luck to everyone trying x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now