Talk

Advanced search

cervical mucus (sorry if tmi)

(6 Posts)
theclick Wed 02-Mar-16 21:13:04

I'm monitoring my CM in prep for trying for a baby. I used to have plenty of it at a certain time of month. This month I noticed while it was egg white consistency for a few days on my first few fertile days, it didn't get very watery like it used to. Getting a bit worried that being drier isn't a great sign. Anyone have any insights please? shock

Junosmum Wed 02-Mar-16 22:54:08

Egg white is the important bit. And the watery is before egg white. Period, snot, water, egg white, gritty glue, period! So I wouldn't worry. Alsorts of hormones play apart, as does your hydration, if you have a cold, stress etc.

theclick Thu 03-Mar-16 08:38:19

Thanks - that's assured me. I'll keep monitoring!

Monstamio Thu 03-Mar-16 16:43:37

Also, make sure you're drinking plenty of water. Hydration has a real part to play here.

theclick Thu 03-Mar-16 18:29:45

Will do. I never thought I was bad at that but I guess I need to push harder

theclick Fri 04-Mar-16 13:34:17

Ok sorry another question. If I am dry leading up to ovulation though (but I'm still getting slight twinges showing I am ovulating) does that mean I'm not fertile and there's no point in trying? I only am wet for two of my five fertile days - is that normal?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now