Missed Cerazette Pills

(9 Posts)
AnxiousBetty Tue 01-Mar-16 17:20:53

Before anyone reads this just know I am not an idiot and please sympathise as I'm sure everyone forgets to take the pill every now and then.
I've been on cerazette for a good 8 months now with a month off it after the first 4 months. Unfortunately last week I forgot to take the pill for 4 consecutive days - Fri, sat, sun, mon, due to busy days and work and getting the house ready for family. My current partner spent the weekend and well one thing led to another... Feeling stupid now as even this didn't jog my memory to take the pill or that i had forgotten to.
Feeling quite anxious as neither me nor partner are ready for a baby and haven't been together long. Being on the pill for 8 months means I have no idea when to expect bleeding and I have no idea when I'm ovulating. Does anyone know how likely it would be that I would be pg and if I should carry on taking cerazette due to hurting a possible baby?

dementedpixie Tue 01-Mar-16 17:58:22

Extra precautions should be taken after missing 1 pill never mind several. I don't know what a doctor would advise..to stop or continue the pill. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will turn up

Zigazigah Tue 01-Mar-16 18:06:40

Morning after pill?

AnxiousBetty Wed 02-Mar-16 22:29:43

It's too late to take the morning after pill unfortunately, I've going to stay off the pill and wait for a period and POAS in 2-3 weeks, hoping its a bfn😭

flowersfortea Thu 03-Mar-16 00:17:03

Hi OP please call your GP or sexual health clinic for advice. There is a morning after pill that can be given up to 120hours after unprotected sex although it is most effective the earliest it is taken. The copper coil is most effective form of emergency contraception and can be put in up to five days after unprotected sex too. So depending on timings you may just about be able to get some help, and even if it's too late for those they can talk through other questions and what ifs with you.

AnxiousBetty Mon 07-Mar-16 15:30:00

I have tried a few days to get an appointment at my local gp but no luck they are very busy so I'm contemplating going to the clinic and asking for advice, I haven't taken my pill anymore. I am needing to pee a lot more over the past 3-4 days I don't know if that's a sign or not. I haven't had any cramping as such or any other obvious signs yet.

Angeladelight Mon 07-Mar-16 15:34:49

Ok well it is definitely too late to take a MAP or other emergency contraception now. You may not get a proper period when you stop taking your pill. I think you are meant to keep taking it and resume the cycle. But the only advice you should take seriously here is that of a GP. If you can't get into one I suggest going to a big pharmacy where you can have a free quick private consultation with a pharmacist, they may be able to help. Or if you can find your nearest sexual health clinic I'm fairly certain you can just walk in but you may be waiting a bit.

Zigazigah Wed 09-Mar-16 07:23:42

The only thing you can do now is wait 3 weeks (from when it happened) and take a pregnancy test. But whilst you aren't taking your pill you are at further risk.

AnxiousBetty Wed 09-Mar-16 21:32:55

Haven't tested yet as it hasn't been 3 weeks but I think I'm going crazy, imagining symptoms or thinking something of nothing but then thinking maybe I'm just doubting I'm pregnant because I don't want my hopes upconfusedsad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now