1 week late... BFN! 21DPO

(5 Posts)
SincerelyRosie Mon 29-Feb-16 21:03:13

Hello all, it's my first time posting so feel a little lost!

I ovulated on 08/02/16 (using clear blue dual hormone ovulation kits) I have since had 3 BFN, each using FMU of the day. These were on the day AF was due, 3 days later then 1 week later.

I have possible symptoms (nausea, bloated, fatigue etc.) but you all know as well as I do this could all be wishful thinking. hmm

Any advice/moral support would be greatly appreciated!! Driving my husband slowly insane, there's only so much talk about ovulation, hormones and CM he can take!

sammylou1 Mon 29-Feb-16 21:18:02

Hi Rosie

Firstly, fingers tightly crossed that you are one of those women who show late on a pg test.

However it is possible that you did not ovulate, or that you ovd later than you thought. Opks are great at picking up a LH surge which is your body getting ready to ov, but they cannot tell if an egg was actually released. Sometimes your body can gear up to do it, but never manage to release the egg. It is totally normal to have a couple of anovulatory cycles each year. Alternatively you could have had a second surge later on where an egg actually popped out, meaning you're not as many dpo as you thought.

As I said before, I hope it's just a late bfp, but wanted to offer you another explanation. Good luck! Xx

SincerelyRosie Mon 29-Feb-16 21:30:37

Thank you very much. Fingers are tightly crossed - who ever new TTC was so stressful!!

Heartland Tue 01-Mar-16 07:52:05

Hi Rosie,

My friend did a test 2 days after her AF were due and she had a BFN.
Then a bit more than a week later, still no AF, she did a clearblue digital test which said 'Pregnant 1-2'.
Maybe you can try again in a few days if still no AF ?

Good luck!

SincerelyRosie Tue 01-Mar-16 13:04:45

Still no AF but I've had 'high fertility' show up on my ovulation test. So confusing! Keep my fingers tightly crossed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now