We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

only 18 i really need your help

(18 Posts)
leish456 Mon 29-Feb-16 14:49:24

ok so I'm 18 years old been on the microgynon pill for two years and came off it in November as was having crazy weird periods all of a sudden which scared me as I only initially went on the pill to regulate them ... its now end of feb and I haven't had a period since middle of November ... ive took tests and not just cheap ones even clear blue and got one at the doctors
also been blood tested this week which came back all clear
yet I'm peeing every ten minutes , tired all the time and for a size 4uk my whole teenage life putting on weight pretty damn fast

is it possible to fail countless pregnancy tests and a blood test and still be pregnant

please mums out there I need your help ?

MyBreadIsEggy Mon 29-Feb-16 14:55:57

If you've had lots of negative test results, it would be massively unlikely that you are pregnant - especially if you've had a blood test done at the doctors which was also negative. Blood tests are way way more accurate than home urine testing kits.
Coming off of any kind of hormonal contraception will mess with what has become your normal cycle whilst on it. You've not been taking the pill for 3 months, so your body is probably trying to work out its own natural rhythm smile
But the thought that you might be pregnant is there for a reason...if you've been having unprotected sex since you stopped taking the pill, then you really need to address that issue. There are loads of other methods of contraception you can try if the pill wasn't working for you. If you're not prepared for the possibility of pregnancy, please please have safe sex!

cakesandphotos Mon 29-Feb-16 14:57:51

I think it's very unlikely that you could be pregnant. If you conceived in November, you would definitely have gotten a positive pregnancy test by now. I think you should go to your GP and get checked out for your lack of period and weight gain.

TheBalefulGroke Mon 29-Feb-16 14:58:38

Have you looked at the symptoms for diabetes? You can get a testing kit over the counter in boots, probably other chemists.

Good luck!

JessieMcJessie Mon 29-Feb-16 15:03:04

You are not pregnant and and are not likely to be unless you have had unprotected sex since your blood test. You don't mention what contraception you have been using since November. You need to make sure you are taking precautions if you don't want this to be a constant worry.

LoveBoursin Mon 29-Feb-16 15:07:36

Agree both with the fact you are unlikely to be pregnant and the fact your symptoms could be the signs of diabetes.
I would advice you to go and see your GP.

leish456 Mon 29-Feb-16 16:46:23

Thank you so much for your help

leish456 Mon 29-Feb-16 19:50:49

Hi everyone thought I would attach a picture of my weight gain just for you guys to see why I am so worried but I have made an appointment with the doctor for tomorrow morning and hopefully I can get everything cleared up I will keep you all posted and thanks again for all of your help ....

OhShutUpThomas Mon 29-Feb-16 19:57:24

Go see the doctor.
When was your blood test? And have you had unprotected sex since?

Your stomach does look distended if it's not like that usually, but a doctor will be able to examine you properly.

It's worth remembering that the pill does mess with your hormones and can cause changes, especially when you come off it.

leish456 Mon 29-Feb-16 20:06:11

Hi my blood test was last Wednesday I got the all clear on the Friday and the week before that was my urine test.. I'm actually living with my fiance and have been having unprotected sex since both the tests and my tummy usty be extremely flat that's what lead me to believe i was pregnant well that and the no period situation but seeing the doctor tomorrow so shall wait and see what she says

Pugmummy87 Mon 29-Feb-16 20:20:36

Well if you have been having unprotected sex since taking the tests then yes, there is the possibility you may be pregnant.
If you are living with your fiance and have come off the Pill, are you planning to get pregnant? If you aren't then you really need to see your gp or speak to a family planning service about what might be the best contraceptive option for you. It may be that you need a different brand of the pill.

TheBalefulGroke Mon 29-Feb-16 21:21:18

Did the doctor offer no suggestion as to what the distended stomach might be? I agree it's worrying, as it doesn't look like a tiny gain. From your original description, I assumed you meant weight gain in general, I.e. all over your body, not one specific area.
I'm not medical I'm afraid, so I couldn't even begin to speculate what could cause it, just the urge to wee and tiredness, and weight change suggested diabetes, but I've not heard of it making your tummy stick out!
Don't let them fob you off just because you're young. It's worrying you, and needs to be considered seriously.
Could someone (such as your fiance) go along with you?

JessieMcJessie Mon 29-Feb-16 22:45:51

Why is possible pregnancy such a cause for concern when you have clearly been doing nothing to prevent pregnancy? Do you want a baby now?

leish456 Tue 01-Mar-16 05:57:14

Yes my fiance has taken the day off work to come along with me and today when I finally find out what the cause of my problem is I will speak to the doctor about what form of contraception would work best for me. I mean sure it would be a shock and it would be tuff if I were to be pregnant but the thought of not knowing what the actual cause of the issues is .. well it's very worrying
so many people have told me different things and my head is doing overtime,
I should have been more responsible Im guessing by some of the comments many think I'm immature I guess

TheBalefulGroke Tue 01-Mar-16 09:46:00

Hope things go okay this morning leash.

Heartland Tue 01-Mar-16 10:26:30

Hi,
I'm on the pill and not pregnant, but I have exactly the same belly!
My doctor said to me it was belly bloating and because I have bad back pain/pelvic pain, I have a scan on Friday to try to determine what is causing all this.
Let us know if you get an answer from the doctor!

KitKat1985 Tue 01-Mar-16 10:55:12

Hi Leish,

Firstly, if you really don't want to be pregnant, stop having unprotected sex! Use condoms if the pill doesn't agree with you, or another method of contraception. I'm really quite shocked you were stressed about being pregnant and took loads of tests, but have just carried on having unprotected sex regardless. Even if you aren't pregnant now, the chances are you will be soon if you carry on doing this.

Regarding your other symptoms, lots of things can cause tiredness, weight changes etc. Get checked out for diabetes and thyroid problems. I hope going to the doctor goes well today.

JessieMcJessie Tue 01-Mar-16 13:17:49

"Many think I'm immature I guess". Nope, maturity is not necessary to understand contraception and how babies are made. You are being silly, not immature. Is your fiancé pressuring you in any way?

Hope you get some helpful information at the doctor today but please please sort out the contraception.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now