Talk

Advanced search

Incoming BFP, or Just Wishful Thinking?

(2 Posts)
thewocketinyourpocket Sun 28-Feb-16 21:22:21

Hi all!
Firstly, I'd like to apologize if I've posted this in the wrong area. I've been lurking around mumsnet for awhile, but this is my first post. Last June, I discovered I was pregnant, but unfortunately the pregnancy ended at 4.5 months. Ever since then, I have been keeping track of my body like crazy... I am not TTC and don't chart my temperatures or things of that nature, but I am very aware of my cycle now. My cycle is consistently 27-30 days, with the past 3 months being 27, 30, and 28 days respectively. When I was younger, I experienced ovulation pains that would be so intense I would have to stay home from school. Now that I'm older, the pain isn't so bad, usually a barely noticeable dull ache. After the end of my last pregnancy, the doctors where I live (I live in China now) told me that I won't be able to conceive again.

I remember during my previous pregnancy, I knew I was pregnant before testing because I was experiencing cramps that started a few days before my period was due, and I NEVER have cramping as a PMS symptom. I also remember having a terrible backache. However, for that pregnancy, I ovulated and conceived on day 17 of my cycle.

My last period started on 02/14, so my next period shouldn't start until 03/13 (+/- a day or two). I did the deed with my long-distance partner on 02/21, 02/22, and 02/23, or days 7, 8 and 9 of my cycle. At the time, my cm was very watery, but was not ewcm. I checked the position of my cervix, and it was low but open (I was able to stick a finger inside...) On 02/25 I had cramps that very much resembled ovulation pains on the left side of my lower abdomen. They were still present although very, very mild on the 26th and 27th. My cm was still watery those days as well. Today, the 28th, one week after DTD, my cm has become significantly more abundant, and has changed to a creamy, lotion-like texture. However, I normally don't get this type of cm until right before my period. A lot of online articles say that creamy, lotion-like cm is expected before ewcm, but I NEVER have creamy cm before ewcm. Now, my cervix is higher and feels a bit more closed. I also just noticed pink on my toilet paper after my most recent trip to the bathroom. I should also note that I have never experienced spotting in the past

Is it possible that I ovulated early and have conceived? That my dramatic change in cm is an early symptom of pregnancy? That the pink on the toilet paper was implantation bleeding and the doctors here were wrong? Or is it just more likely that my cycle is "off", that the cramps are due to something like sour tuna and stress, the tenderness in my breasts is from a bad bra, and the pink on the toilet paper is from something like accidentally scratching myself while checking the position of my cervix?

Today would have been the due date for my previous baby. Half of me wants to chalk all of this up to stress and the onslaught of emotions that has come along with this week, and just forget about the whole thing... but the other half of me REALLY wants to be pregnant. I don't want to get myself all hyped up and excited only to be massively let down when Aunt Flow comes knocking... but if the "seed has been sown" I need to, well, stop smoking, for one, and prepare for the next chapter of life.

Has anyone else conceived so early in their cycle? What do YOU think? I need advice...
Thank you all in advance.

KitKat1985 Mon 29-Feb-16 07:56:52

Firstly I'm really sorry to hear about your previous loss. flowers It's certainly possible that you ovulated a few days early and that you might be pregnant, but it's equally possible that the changes you describe could be caused by other factors. It's really impossible to tell at this stage. Hopefully if you have ovulated early though you might be able to get an accurate test result a couple of days before your period is due. I know the waiting to take a test is awful. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now