TTC and period due on wedding day

(12 Posts)
satsooma Sun 28-Feb-16 19:55:33

I am TTC and getting married in a few weeks. After some very long and irregular periods from coming off the pill, I have settled into a regular cycle. I've just done the math and AF is due literally on my wedding day, and of course, for the week after, when we are taking a 1 week honeymoon. My periods are really long since stopping the pill. I think it will last the whole wedding and honeymoon. Is there anything I can do?

I'm 31, so don't want to miss any chances to conceive by going back on the pill. I could take Norethisterone, but what if I was already pregnant and it was just too early to test, wouldn't that harm the baby?

I guess I'll just have to hope that I get pregnant before the wedding...

MPP81 Sun 28-Feb-16 20:01:29

I can't offer any help I'm afraid, but Im posting because it looks like I am in the same situation and very interested in any answers you get.

Norris88 Mon 29-Feb-16 09:53:18

I was exactly the same back in November and took the norethisterone. Whilst it was a quick and easy solution at the time, I regretted it when it messed up my cycle and didn't know when my period was due etc. In hindsight I should've spoken to my partner about it and asked if it would've bothered him me being on my period on the wedding day. As after all the drama he told me it's natural and he would rather me not put chemicals like norethisterone in my body.
If I were you I would do a test when the period before your wedding is due, if it's a bfn I would go on to some sort of pill just for month. But please go to your doctor they will advise you what's best if you are going to take medication. Xx

satsooma Mon 29-Feb-16 10:13:23

I'd rather just deal with it than go back on the pill for a month. Partly because I had several 60-70 day cycles last time I came off. Although really I just don't want to miss a chance to conceive the month of my wedding.

randomsabreuse Mon 29-Feb-16 10:15:25

Presumably part of the reason for not being on on wedding days is big white dress and toilet logistics. Think that side through as well - will you need help to go. Have you even thought through loo options - I had to straddle the loo the wrong way round and leave the door open so dealing with af was not an option.

satsooma Mon 29-Feb-16 10:18:47

Ugh, I had not thought about that ...

satsooma Mon 29-Feb-16 10:23:08

... although actually I have a private room and ensuite bathroom at the venue. My dress is a step in and zip affair. So maybe I could just take it off completely whenever I need the loo.

randomsabreuse Mon 29-Feb-16 10:50:30

TMI alert, I was likely due for mine and early days are bloody mess, so shifting it was essential! If you can get in/out easily that could work though.

Norethistazone didn't mess with my (short) cycle noticeably and I didn't get on with the pill at all. Norethistasone did make me evil pmt bitch from hell coming off though

satsooma Mon 29-Feb-16 11:00:34

Does anyone know if you can take Norethistazone during a TWW? Would it be harmful at that stage?

randomsabreuse Mon 29-Feb-16 11:11:55

I'd ask your gp. Mine was very helpful.

kavanaughkj Tue 01-Mar-16 12:39:57

I was in your situation, OP - was halfway through my period on my wedding day. I use a menstrual cup though which meant less worries about toilet issues - basically I changed and cleaned it just before I got into the dress, and because I danced so much during the evening I didn't actually need the loo again until DH and I retired back to the bridal suite at the end of the day! I had all sorts of advice about straddling the loo front on in the dress beforehand though >_< But had no accidents or anything - the dress was mucky at the end of the day but only from mud on the hemline. ;)

satsooma Wed 02-Mar-16 10:17:21

Ok, unless I get a BFP this month (I can test in a week) I'll go ask my GP. Thanks for all the advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now