Talk

Advanced search

Sex every day or ever other??

(13 Posts)
cakesandphotos Sun 28-Feb-16 17:18:41

Which is it?? Google gives me reasons for DTD every day and then different reasons for DTD every other. Is one better than the other or is it all a bit hit and miss anyway confused

MrsCrumbtious Sun 28-Feb-16 17:26:24

I thought every other day as it gives time for the swimmers to replenish. They can survive for around 3-5 days so you're covered even when you're not dtd
Xx

Junosmum Sun 28-Feb-16 17:33:39

Very little point doing it when you really don't feel like it, so if it feels like a chore- every other day, if you are in the mood and did it yesterday then do it again! You can't really have too much sex unless you are doing it out of obligation.

Iggi999 Sun 28-Feb-16 17:35:10

Do you mean around time of ovulation? Or every other day for the full month <needs a lie down>

daisychain8 Sun 28-Feb-16 17:45:13

We've been doing every other throughout the month.
I'm sure NHS site says every 2-3 days will give you the best chance. I have a feeling the little guys need a chance to recharge a bit wink

X

daisychain8 Sun 28-Feb-16 17:45:19

We've been doing every other throughout the month.
I'm sure NHS site says every 2-3 days will give you the best chance. I have a feeling the little guys need a chance to recharge a bit wink

X

daisychain8 Sun 28-Feb-16 17:46:19

Oops, posted that twice somehow! confused

cakesandphotos Sun 28-Feb-16 18:01:50

Haha iggi only around ovulation! I'd be exhausted otherwise!

Thanks for you replies smile I guess not being too strict about it is probably a good idea

TooAswellAlso Sun 28-Feb-16 18:07:28

We were told every other day from last day of period until cd28, when we had clomid. Worked first month.

DrMum83 Sun 28-Feb-16 19:30:17

I think some newer research has shown that unless sperm count is low, every day is fine as this encourages steady sperm production which are fresh and excellent swimmers. The Sperm Meets Egg plan got me pregnant twice and hoping for a bfp next week. Good luck!

Mermaid36 Sun 28-Feb-16 19:31:37

We did every day during my fertile period, and then whenever we felt like it outside of my "window"

Iggi999 Sun 28-Feb-16 20:16:38

I would predict ovulation as close as you can and have sex every day for five days, if you can. I started dtd when I could see ewcm, and kept going till day two of a positive ovulation test. then collapsed in a heap and avoided each other until the next month
Things like temp charting are a pita but really useful if you're having difficulties conceiving.

Loki17 Sun 28-Feb-16 20:46:38

Smep got me pregnant twice too. One dd, one mc. Will be attempting it again next cycle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now