Talk

Advanced search

BBT chart-is anyone any good at interpreting them?

(13 Posts)
Seacrown Fri 26-Feb-16 17:51:52

Hi all,
Bit of hopeful posting but wondered if anyone had much experience interpreting bbt charts? I'm pretty sure I ovulated on th 14th, making me 12dpo. FRER at 10dpo negative, same as internet cheapie today. But my temps are high so I'm not sure if I'm just trying to be hopeful or it might just be too soon. Any thoughts? Am I out with a dipstick today being negative?
Thank you x

star1980 Fri 26-Feb-16 18:06:16

Hi Seacrown, I would agree that from your chart it looks like you ov'd on CD14. 16 days of high temps after ovulation would indicate pregnancy but many people get positives earlier than that. I would wait til 14dpo and test again. I'd say it's too early to take the negative as a negative just yet.

Good luck to you! smile

Seacrown Fri 26-Feb-16 18:16:20

Thank you so much, that's what I'd assumed from the chart! Really appreciate a second pair of eyes! The waiting game is such a pain!😝

Sunnydays321 Fri 26-Feb-16 19:10:36

Personally I find fertility friend much easier to interpret as it actually draws the cross hairs for you.. Try putting your temps into that and see what it's says (it's also a free app). I thin probably cd14 as well based on your cm. although day 18 was when you started getting bigger temp rise although this could also just be climbing as progesterone increases xx

PurplePotatoes Fri 26-Feb-16 19:15:32

I would try fertility friend too as I think it might be easier for you to read
If it wasn't for your CM I would have said you possibly ov'd on day 18...

Seacrown Fri 26-Feb-16 19:37:02

Ok so I did fertility friend and it reckons I'm only 8dpo! How can that be without any fertile cm??

Seacrown Fri 26-Feb-16 20:10:46

Do you think it's worth discarding any temps? I just discarded the 14th and it changed my ovulation day to cd17! I don't understand! I can't see how I ovulated without any fertile cm for days! I'm genuinely starting to think temping stresses me out more than it helps! blush thank you though ladies for your help! Xxx

PurplePotatoes Fri 26-Feb-16 20:19:40

Hmm I'm not sure I'm sorry, I didn't discard temps though unless I knew there was a good reason eg taken much later than usual or whatever. That is strange about your CM though. Have you tried temping alongside ovulation sticks?

babyinthacorner Fri 26-Feb-16 20:36:13

I would also have said day 23 even from looking at your first chart, so I agree with FF. Temps are a more accurate indicator of ov than CM. I speak from experience - have gone from having loads of EWCM before TTC to now having none! Am still ov'ing though. Good luck!

Seacrown Fri 26-Feb-16 20:46:23

Thank you ladies. I tried ov sticks in previous cycles but found them stressful! Maybe I need to take them up again

Sunnydays321 Sat 27-Feb-16 00:35:30

Interesting, that's what I had thought from your first chart, your temp hike didn't start until the 18th (sorry I read the date instead of cycle day). I have to say (tmi) but my cm doesn't always correlate with my opks and temp to identify Ov. I often have ewcm for about a week before I get to fertile period, and then very little when I actually Ov. I would be inclined to trust the temps as long as you are taking notes them accurately, ie same time each day, after 3 solid hours sleep, as soon as you wake. Try opks next month (if you don't get bfp) to see when your peak is. Xx

star1980 Sat 27-Feb-16 07:46:24

I would agree with FF too. Looking at the whole chart, those temps between CD19 and CD23 are still in the same range as the others after your period. Still, CD19 as ov day is still a possibility, but everything will become clearer still at the end of the cycle, and after a few cycles once you know what your luteal phase is. Or, you will get your bfp and this will all be academic!

Seacrown Sat 27-Feb-16 08:45:18

Thank you all so much for your help. At least if nothing else I'll have a better understanding of my cycle after this!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now